Chapter 17

A year has passed and during that time she has gained much battle experience with the help of Xyll picking up magical beasts for her to fight. She is much more comfortable with using her cultivation powers and even though her cultivation buff has worn off for quite some time according to Xyll she is advancing much faster than a normal human. Noa on the other hand is skeptical since she has only advanced to the later stage of spirit master. She has hit a bottleneck and she believes that she can't overcome it unless she goes out to gain more experience. But she has 2 babies to take care of so she never thought of doing so. The twins have grown in a stable manner. Valery can now walk without stumbling, while Evior has learned to speak a few words. The first word he learned was baby and that is what he calls Antrir. His second word was mommy and his third was hug. But even though his first words were baby, he is not closest to Antrir in fact he has started to think that he is too clingy while he himself is very clingy to Noa. Valery on the other hand likes to walk and crawl all over the house, she is very adventurous so Noa always keeps a closer eye on her. Fortunately, she has Gaia's help as she keeps her out of trouble. In fact, Valery loves Gaia very much and sometimes she falls asleep on Gaia's back.

Noa has also experienced the fast growth rate of a baby dragon. Now Antrir can speak fluently and has grown double the size he was a year ago. He has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old child. As he speaks it is even clear that he rather be a part of Noa's family than be Xyll's son, much to her displeasure. Xyll even whines that she had stolen her son and at other times she complains that her son is unfilial. Watching them bicker has become Noa's new form of entertainment. Right now however Noa is cooking food for everyone while Evior watches obediently while Valery plays with Gaia's ears. Xyll and Antrir on the other hand are sitting and arguing again. But this time it is not about him preferring someone else's family over his own. Noa don't know what it is about but it seems a bit serious so she doesn't pry. But she can tell that Antrir is very upset and that Xyll is trying to comfort him. 

But then Xyll suddenly freezes and his face turns serious with a hint of anger. She stands up quickly like she is about to pick a fight.

Xyll: " Why, does that bastard only appear now?! " 

Hearing her tone Noa asks: " What is it?"

Xyll: " My good-for-nothing man has arrived, I thought he had forgotten about me?" She barks.

Noa: " Is he going to pose any danger to me and the twins?"

Xyll: " Ha, if he does I will fight him."

Noa: " You should quickly go out and speak to him, you should make things clear."

Xyll: " About what?" 

Noa: " He may have a good reason for not returning to you for so long, and if he doesn't you should think about if you want to keep him or not."

Xyll: " You are right, he owes me and my son an explanation."

Antrir: " Mommy is Dad here?"

Xyll: " Yes, wait here first. I can't let him have the luxury of seeing you before he explains himself."

Antrir: " I don't need him, I am 1 year old yet he has not come to see me. So I don't need him."

Xyll: " Baby, what are you saying? He may have let me down but I am sure that he loves you."

Antrir: " I don't believe it, Noa has been more of a father to me than him."

Hearing this Noa freezes, she doesn't know how to feel about this at all. Since when did she become a father? How come she did not know?

Xyll: " You brat, watch your mouth Noa don't have a son like you."

Antrir: " Not yet."

Xyll: " Brat."

Antrir: " Werent you going to talk to the man outside."

Xyll: "... I will but this is not over." She glares at him and walks outside. Noa continues cooking but she turns off the heat just in case she has to leave it. After all, Xyll has many times mentioned dragon's dislike towards humans. Her husband might act aggressively towards her and her babies. He might think that she has deceived his son and wife. If she needs to run, she doesn't want to return to a burned-down house. So she keeps herself on high alert. It did not take long for Xyll to storm in with anger.

Noa: " How did it go?"

Xyll: " He is too arrogant, he thinks that he did nothing wrong and is mad that I was not at home with my son when he returned a month ago. He said that he was wrong about being late but that I was also wrong about not returning when my powers came back. He thinks that I am leading our son astry by living with a human."

Noa: " He won't do anything right." She says with concern.

Xyll: "Don't worry, I explained how you have saved me. He may dislike humans but he won't attack a benefactor human or not. He is just concerned that Antrir will turn into a human lover and will trust any human unconditionally."

Noa: " So did he leave or is he waiting for you to pick up your son and leave?"

Xyll: " Are you driving me out? " She asks with a pout.

Noa: " No, I just thought that you would return home when your husband comes back."

Xyll: " I will stay until he says he is sorry, he needs to be taught a lesson."

Then the door opens and in walks a beautiful man. Who is without a doubt Xyll's husband.

Xyll's husband: " Teach me what?"