Chapter 8 Celebratory

The next day Noa decides to prepare a big feast to celebrate a successful egg-laying. Know knowing Xylls big appetite she prepares a dinner big enough for 6 people. She decided on a main dish with rice and many side dishes. For the main dish is cooking a whole bird which has been one of the things already here. It is not any bird that she recognizes as it is as big as an emu and the skin is golden. But she does know that it only contains white meat. So she rubs it with fresh spices like ginger, chili, garlic, ginseng, nutmeg, and jasmine water in soy sauce. She lets it marinate for about 2 hours and if she had had the time she would let it marinate for another 22 hours. Then she first sears it and later slowly cooks it in the oven. While she is waiting for it to be done she makes all the 12 side dishes she has decided on 6 of them vegan, 3 with fish, and the rest with pork. although all of the dishes are primarily of vegetables. Like spinach with ginger, carrot, and beetroot with garlic and soy sauce.  3 different salads. Sammon with leek and pumpkin and hazelnuts and more.  She also makes 4 different dips sauces 2 spicy, 1 umami and the last one is sweat. This took about 2 hours and the bird is almost done so she finally makes plain and fried rice that will be done in about the same time as the bird. It was just in time as Xyll have finally woken from her slumber and walked lazily into the kitchen.

Xyll: " Why have cooked so much food today?"

Noa:" To celebrate your successful egg laying."

Xyll:" Really, I am envious. We dragons don't celebrate as much as humans do."

Noa:" Then what do you celebrate if you don't even celebrate the gift of life?"

Xyll:" Hhahaha, the gift of life, my baby has not hatched yet and you already celebrate its birth. Who knows it could be stillborn."

Noa:" Dont jinx it, it is your child."

Xyll: " Sorry, sorry, of course, it will live." 

Noa: " Sigh, so back to my question."

Xyll: " Most of us really only have 3 celebrations a year. The first is New years, the second is The Week of Victory. Where we have a battle competition for 5 days to test who is the strongest and the last two days are to celebrate the victor. Then the last holiday is the day of the bonds. Which is to celebrate having a flourishing family."

Noa: " So you don't even celebrate your birthday?"

Xyll:" Yes, humans are the only ones who do that. Probably because you generally have much shorter lives. It probably gets hard to remember that someone turns 4836 years old. We would lose count."

Noa: " I don't think that would happen since you only add one number a year." 

Xyll:" Well that is just a theory, anyway is the food done, can I eat?"

Noa: " Yes, you can."
Noa says as she set the table.

Noa:" Just let me and Gaia take are portions first then you can have the rest for yourself."
Xyll: " Alright." 

Noa first gives Gaia some rice, chicken, and carrots. After that, she takes food for herself. Then the 3 of them eat together and have a great time together. Noa then asks Xyll when they are almost done eating. 

Noa:" How is your egg doing?"

Xyll: " It is doing great."
Noa:" How do you care for a dragon egg, is it like a bird egg, do you need to keep it warm with your body temperature? But then do you have time to leave it for so long?"
Xyll: " Well, I do need to keep it warm but it is not in the same way as birds. I just need to use my qi to let it absorb it from time to time. This feeds the baby and makes sit stronger when it's born but also keeps it warm if you use a warm attribute like fire. Of course, the more and better qi you give it the stronger will the baby be when it is born."

Noa:" That's fascinating, do you think that when I cultivate my babies also get stronger just not as much?"

Xyll: " I don't know, I really don't know much about human pregnancy. But I don't think so, many only if you have the same attributes, but it probably is so little that it is unnoticeable. 

Noa" Well even so, if there is a change even if it is a little. Which dedicated mother would not try? If  you have time can you take Gaia out for a walk while I cultivate?"

Xyll: " Sure thing." She says and carries the huge dog out with one arm. 

Noa then walks into the library and starts to cultivate more diligently the before.