Chapter 19 The goodbye

It is the next day and as a farewell gift, Noa decides to cook a huge feast. And now after so long her farm has almost been complete. She has fields of vegetables, and herbs as a spice garden, and fruit trees of different varieties, a rice and potato field. She even has a garden with only medical herbs. She has also added 3 new herds of animals. One of them is called a black feet pig. She has 5 Sows and 2 boars. Black feet pigs are a little bit smaller than normal domestic pigs but their meat is said to be extra delicious. They got their name because of their black feet and legs. The rest of their body is either white or beige. Then she has ram cows. They are big fluffy dairy cows with the horns of a mountain goat hence the name. They come in white, black and grey. She has 3 cows and 2 bulls. Then last, she has one female giant domestic spider. She is dark blue in color and unlike most spiders, this spider only eats fruits like mangos and dragon fruits. They are very docile and their venom has been bred out of them so they can no longer harm humans. In fact, this spider is so docile that you can put your hand in her mouth and she won't bite. Her fur is also very soft like that of a chinchilla. Noa has already started to collect spider webs to make into silk. Soon she is ready to make new clothes for her babies using this silk, which with trial and error managed to weave together after 12 attempts. So also has a pond of 3 species of fish. Red Carp, Moon salmon, which looks like a normal salmon but a little bigger, and its scales glow blue under the moonlight. The last fish in her lake is a black stripe zander.

So with all the ingredients at hand, Noa has managed to cook up a gigantic feast of 20 peapole. She has 12 side dishes and 3 different types of meats. Pig meat, Moon salmon, and the meat of a magical beast that she had killed during her training. Then she has 2 kinds of vegetable soups, one of them is spicy. 3 kinds of dumplings, 3 different sauces, 1 salad, and at last she has made egg stew. While she was cooking all the 3 dragons watched intently with drooling months. Antrir and Xyll watch intensely while Avvyr glances over elegantly. trying to hide his interest. Noa just ignores them and continues cooking. Once all the dishes are done Noa first gives some food to Gaia and the twins, as they don't eat as much. She was worried that there would be not some left over for them once the dragon trio started to eat. Then once that is done she picks up a plate for herself and Antrir. Then she sits down and tells the 2 adult dragons that the rest is for them. Xyll then runs over to the food and picks as much as possible. Avvyr on the other hand is surprised as he has never seen his wife rush over for food so fast before. Thinking that there won't be any left for him, he begrudgingly yet elegantly walks over to and quickly grabs food to his plate. Knowing his wife, seeing her like this he knows that the food must be delicious, and if she thinks like that then she will have no manners at all and not leave any food left for the rest. So he has to be quick, but he not wanting to lose face chooses not to savagely grab anything at hand. He instead tries to do it as elegantly and civilizedly as possible. Unfortunately for him, that means that he only gets the food portion of 7 peapole while his wife gets 11 portions. That means that he can only eat half of his normal intake.

Seeing this Noa is dumbfounded, she made so much because she knew the appetite of one full-grown dragon so she thought that doing double the amount that she normally does would be enough but it turns out that she did not make enough at all. Luckily she picked up food for her, Gaia, and the children before all the food was gone.

Noa: " Did I not make enough food?"

Xyll: " Oh, no, you have actually never made enough food for me, but I never said anything because that would be rude, and also while I don't ever eat myself until I am full, it is not like I can't survive with eating less. It is enough food for me to be healthy so I never said it."

Noa: " Then how much do you eat to be full?"

Xyll: " Me... well around 25 human portions while my husband eats around 20 servings. "

Noa: " But you seem a lot smaller the your husband."

Xyll: " Who even if he is larger than me female dragons eat more than men since they consume energy faster. Dont know why though." After she said that she quickly eats her food like she has been starving for days and while she is eating she can't stop praising Noa's culinary skills. Avvyr on the other hand eats slowly and savors evry bite. He may not say anything but she can tell that he highly enjoys the food. All of them continue to eat in peace. 

2 hours later it is time for the dragon family to say goodbye, Xyll hugs Noa goodbye and tells her that she will visit her whenever she can. Antrir on the other hand starts to cry as she does not want to go. But with enough coaxing, he stops to cry but he still clings to Noa's leg hoping that he doesn't need to go. Avvyr then decides to just pick him up and drag him away. He then nods goodbye to Noa and with Xyll turns into their real form and flies away. Noa just waves goodbye not knowing when the next time is when they will meet again.