chapter 4 prep and healing

Once she arrives back home she quickly lay her on her bed and picks up some of the medical herbs she has picked and goes to the kitchen. She lays them on the kitchen counter and after that, she grabs a bucket of water, soap, some towels, and alcohol. She walks towards the dragon takes off her clothes and after that starts to clean her wounds. First with water and soap and after that, she cleans them with the alcohol. Once she is done with that she walks towards the kitchen again and grabs a mortar and pestle and ponds some of the herbs she gathered into a paste. Then she grabs a yar and fills a quarter of it with olive oil. Then she puts the herbal paste and stirs it. Normally she would let the herbs sitt in the yar for about 15 days to infuse the herbs into the oil or gently warm it up on low heat for about 2 hours to infuse it into the oil but she has no time for that so she decides to a little experiment that she has wanted to do for about 15 days now. And that is to use both her wood and lightning attribute to infuse it into the oil faster. 

So she picks it up, holding it with both her hands, and begins. Soon tiny lightning sparks start to surround her hands as she directs them towards the liquid inside the jar. She uses it to pull out all medical components and fuse them into the oil. Then she starts to use her wood attribute to pick out the unneeded chemicals that could cause side effects while also making the desired chemicals sty infused into the oil and not drifting away from the heat. Although this should be impossible since she can not see the components inside the herbs it seems that it has something to do with her wood attribute. It is like it is telling her what to keep and what to pluck out. In all the books she has read about alchemy, medicine, and the wooden attribute of this world this was never mentioned. But she did not think any deeper about it as the experiment succeeded and gave greater results than expected. She puts in some beeswax and lets it slowly melt into the herbal-infused oil. Then she takes it to a magical item that she has found that makes things set in just a few minutes. It kind of works like a microwave but with a different function and instead of it looking like a box it is sphere-shaped with a flat surface on top. She put the jar on the flat surface and in just 2 minutes the liquid has become a cream.

Now she takes the cream and some bandages and walks to the dragon lady. She uses the cream on all her wounds and bruises. After that, she puts on some bandages. She doesn't bother to check if the baby is alright since she has read that when the baby is first inside a female dragon belly for about 2 years for the egg to grow then just like birds and reptiles they lay an egg that will hatch after another 4 months. But around the time when the mother is about to lay her egg, she gets weaker than normal and it is during that time it is traditionally the father of the child who is supposed to guard her. So the reason why a dragon would be here was probably that she had no one to guard her and those choose to move to a place with weaker animals around. That the dragon mother starts to get weaker about 3 days before she is going to lay her egg and another 4 days before she starts to regain her strangh.

So because there is nothing more she can do for the dragon lady she grabs her basket and prepares all the food that she has gathered. She first starts with the mushrooms she lays half of them on a bamboo tray and lays it out in the sun to dry. She does the same with some of the fruits that she cuts into smaller pieces before laying them on a tray and moving them out in the soon. With the rest of the mushrooms, she boils them with water adds some lemon and when it is done she puts it in a sterilized jar. Then she takes about 85 percent of the berries and makes 5 different jams and 7 different jellies. She saves the rest to eat fresh. She found some edible herbs she decides to dry half of them and plant the rest so that she has them near the house. She then cuts up all the fruits except for some we decided to eat fresh. Then she takes out some sterilized jars and fills up a third of each one with different fruits. Then she starts to boil up some water and then she also adds some vinegar essence and a lot of sugar the ratio is about for evry 1L water there is 7,5 dl sugar and 3,5 dl vinegar essence. Once it has boiled up and the sugar has dissolved she fills a little of the liquid into each jar filled with fruit then she adds some fruit and purs in more liquid and she does this until each jar is full. Now, that's she is done for today she puts all the jars into the cabinet and starts to clean up.

Now she walks down towards the cellar and finds a shovel and some clay pots. She carries them up and before she goes out she checks if there are any magical beasts around. Luckily for her, there isn't so she goes out and starts to dig up some soil that she puts into the clay pots. Then once she is done she carries all the pots inside and goes inside. Then she digs a hole in each pot and then waters the hole with water. She then puts in a different kind of herb in each hole and plants them. She then puts the pots in front of the kitchen window. Now that's that dose she decides to play a little with Gaia before she starts to cultivate some more. After that, she makes something to eat for both her and Gaia, and right after she goes to bead.