Chapter 22 You are still brother and sister

When she arrived home she saw Valery trying to climb up the kitchen table but was stopped by Gaia when she jumped up and blocked her way. Seeing this Valery tried to walk around her but Gaia moved to where she was headed.

Noa: " Valery, I told you to never climb up on tables." She says with a stern voice. Hearing this she freezes and then stops what she was doing. Noa walks over and pats Gaia on her head praising her. Then she looked over at her disobedient daughter and Gaia jumped off the table.

Noa: " What do you say for yourself?"

Valery: "... I... I was just trying to pull Gaia down from the table."

Noa: " Do not lie to me."

Valery: " ..."

Noa: " Valery."

Valery: " I am sorry."

Noa: " Now what did you do wrong?"

Valery: " I tried to climb up the table."

Noa: " And do you remember why that is wrong?"

Valery: " I could hurt myself or break the table."

Noa smiles at her answer and says: " Good girl." And then she pats her on her head.

Noa: " Where is your brother?"

Valery: " I no longer have a brother."

Noa: " Yes, you do, it was just a small fight."

Valery: " No, he doesn't want me and Mommy to be happy, that is not a small thing."

Noa: " I am already happy with you 2 and Gaia. Tell us are you not happy?"

Valery: " No, I am very happy." He says hastily as if she is afraid that her mother will misunderstand her.

Noa: " Then why did you say that your brother wanted us to be unhappy?"

Valery: " I... I just wanted us to be more happy with a complete family.

Noa: " Valery there is no point in focusing on what you dont have and feeling unhappy about it. We can't know what the future holds but we do know what happens in the moment we live in. Isn't it better to focus on the happy things that we already have?" She says as she crouches down on her knees to be at eye level with her.

Valery: "... I... I don't understand."

Noa:" Hmm, well like this are you happy with having me as your mother?"

Valery: " Yes."

Noa: " Are you happy with having your brother?"

Valery: "... I think so."

Noa: " Do you like Gaia?"

Valery: " Yes."

Noa: " Then do you know anyone who could be your future father?"

Valery: " No."

Noa: " Then instead of being sad without a father isn't it better to be happy with me, brother, and Gaia?"

Valery: " I.. i guess you are right."

Noa: " Good, then can you make up with your brother?"

Valery: " But he looks down on me."

Noa: " No he dosnet."

Valery: " Yes he does."

Noa: " But he still loves you doesn't he?"

Valery: " Yes."

Noa: " The you should make up, or else both. of you will be sad. If your brother can't do it then you should be the bigger person and do it yourself."

Valery: " Oh, then does that me that I am better than brother with something." She says with shining eyes.

Noa: "... Noone is better than the other you are just valuable in different ways."

Valery: " You are such a killjoy." She pouts.

Noa:... Where did she learn this sentence?

Valery: " Alright I will be better than him and give in first."

Noa: " This is not what I meant."

Valery: "This is what I choose to think it as." She says and runs off to apologize to her brother. Noa follows her as she plans to play with both of them. Watching her daughter's apology will also be something good to see. The 2 of them walk towards the library and they see Evior reading the children's book that they did not complete last night.

Valery: " Hey, why are you completing it without me? She shouts with an angry tone.

Evior looks up at her and doesn't say anything. They are not supposed to talk so he won't answer her even if she speaks with him.

Evior: Hmp, one of us should at least not break their promise. Unlike his sister who breaks her oath not soon after. Why is his sister so embarrassing?

Noa: " Now,  now, this is not what you wanted to say.Right, Valery.

Valery: "..."

Valery: " Brother, I am sorry. I misunderstood you." She says as she bows down to show her sincerity.

Valery: Have they been reading something I am not aware of exists? How does she know these things? What she did not know was that she sleeps and they have learned from what she was saying in her sleep. It is to be said that Noa's dreams are scenarios of books and movies she used to watch in her spare time when she lived on Earth. Evior on the other hand looks at his sister with surprise and then glances at his mother.

Evior: Mom must have made her see the error of her ways.

Evior: " It is good to know that you can accept that you are wrong."

Valery: " Hey, I was not wrong. It is just that we both are right and we can't agree on which truth to follow."

Evior: "... Well, I know that my truth is better and more realistic."

Hearing this Valery is about to blow up again put Noa pats her on her back calming her down.

Valery: " We will see if you think that way in the future, brother." 

Evior: "Don't hope too much sister. On this, I am very sure that I won't change my mind.

Valery: " Ha, we shall see."

Evior: " That we shall."

Noa: " Now, now that is done do you 2 want to paint with me?

Evior: " Yes." He says as he runs up to Noa acting very clingy as he hugs her legs.

Valery: "Let's do it."

Noa smiles and nods at them. Then she walks out to get the paint and paper and lays it down on the kitchen table. The two of them sitt down together with their mother and start drawing.

Valery: " Hey, let's compete on who draws the picture that mommy loves the most."

Evior: " Alright. " He says calmly but his sister can't miss the fire in his eyes. She knows that the only time he agrees to compete with her is if Mommy is involved in it. She may not be as fast as a learner as her brother is but she sure can pick up the emotions of her mother and brother. After all both of them are usually stone-faced so she has picked up the skill to read what they are feeling. Even if that expression is blank as a sheet of paper. The 3 of them start to draw and the twins are very focused on their drawings. Seeing the fire in their eyes Noa smiles and thinks that they look very cute.