Chapter 30 Eivor vs Valery, battle of dominance

Seeing the little boy the first thought in Wu Yichen's mind is that this boy looks very similar to Valery. His second thought is that he is less cute than Valery and comparing Valery to this boy would be a disservice. Thinking like this he is very unaware that he has actually developed a bias toward this little girl and he has fallen into the mentality that a doting father has towards his daughter. This would be fine except for the fact that Valery has no relation to him at all. If others who know him saw this they would be trembling in fear wondering if the world is about to end soon.

Valery: " You may be my twin brother but I will not go easy on you. I will do anything in my power to get my mother a handsome man and me a father." She declares with confidence.

Wu Yichen: So they are twins, no wonder they look so similar.  He thinks and no longer thinks that Evior is an annoying kid. As expected as someone with a doting father mentality, he imminently starts to like Evior only becuse he is Valery's twin brother. Forgetting his previous dislike of the boy.

Eivor: " She is my mother too and no matter how much you want a father I dont agree."

Valery: " Why, becuse you think that mommy would start to like our father more than you?"

Eivor: " Yes, so what, besides, you can not pick up any man who looks nice to be our father."

Valery: " What do you mean any man he is the first and what is wrong with him?"

Hearing that he is the first Wu Yichen strangely gets a little giddy inside from happiness. But who wouldn't be their daughter... daughter of their dreams like them this much.

Eivor: " Ah, of course, he is the first one becuse he is the only one you have ever met."

Hering this Wu Yichen giddiness eminently disappears and has finely noticed that he is acting very strange becuse of Valery. 

Wu Yichen: Dont tell me that I unconsciously thought of Valery as my own daughter?

Valey: " What do you mean?"

Eivor: " One, he is a stranger. Two, he can be a bad guy. Three, it is very suspicious that he fell unconscious so close to our home. And lastly, since he was hurt, he may bring his enemies right to us and we will be caught in the crossfire."

Wu Yichen: Is this kid really the same age as the girl? Evry point he brought up is actually very reasonable and not things someone his age should know. Not even I was this intelligent at his age.

Valery: " Well, if he is someone dangerous do you really think that our mother would be fooled that easily? She would never fall for a honey trap.

Wu Yichen:... 

Evior:"..."

Valey: " See, you know that Mother is invincible so why are you worrying about something that will never happen?

Wu Yichen: They really worship their mother.

Hearing this he can only give his sister a death stare as he has no way to refute her and for the first time Valey has finally won an argument against her brother. Thinking of her glorious victory she can not help but smile as she gloats at her brother's loss. Seeing this Evior gets even more frustrated but can't think of a comeback. Wu Yichen on the other hand thinks that Valery looks a little silly and cute.

Wu Yichen: Ah, why can't she be my daughter?

It is then Noa walks in with a basket of newly harvested herbs and vegetables and sensing the word atmosphere she can't help but ask: " What is it, why is it like I have stepped into a battlefield that already has a determined outcome?"

Hearing his mother's words Eivor finally brightens up and right before he runs over to hug her he smiles at his sister with mischief that gives Valey a bad feeling. And she was right to feel that way as right when he hugged her he spoke.

Eivor: " Mommy, Valery is bodering our guest. She keeps telling him to become our father. "

Valery: Oh, no. 

Hearing this she pats her son on his head and then looks over at her daughter with a very serious expression.

Noa: " Valery, you can't tell peapole to become your father, I know that your intentions are good but stuff like this isn't so simple. It requires time and patience and both parties need to have the same feeling towards each other, ideally romantic love. You doing this will make our guests uncomfortable. Do you understand?

Valery: "..."

Noa:" Do you understand?"

Valery: " Yes."

Noa: " Good, now apologize to Wu Yichen."

Valery turns around and apologizes and Noa herself says the same thing.

Noa: " I am sorry, my daughter is just lonely without a father, dont take it to heart. I have no intention of using my children to build some kind of relationship with you.

Wu Yichen: " No worries, I quite like your daughter so I dont have any bad feelings and you dont seem like that kind of woman."

Wu Yichen told the truth, after all, there have really been a few instances when some fools did use their children to get closer to him. When he was younger but now no one dares to as it is well known that he doesn't like children. So he can really tell that she did not have such thoughts as he is well aware of how the children and their mothers or aunts would act if that was their goal. And Noa did not act like them. Noa can tell that he did not lie to her out of courtesy so she feels a little relieved and she can clearly tell the glimmer he has in his eyes when he looks at her daughter. 

Noa: He truly does like her.

Noa: " I can see that, if I did not know any better I would have thought that you wanted to kidnap my daughter and take her as your own."

This course is a joke but with Noa's stone-like face, he can not tell if she is joking or dead serious. So he gets a little nervous. Which is an emotion he has not felt since he was 8 so he doesn't know what to do. 

Noa: " Alright, time for me to cook, I will be making a chicken salad today so it will be ready in under 20 minutes." 

As she said Wu Yichen returns to normal, no longer nervous, and watches her go to cut up vegetables. The salad she makes has tomatoes, carrots, white cabbage, spinach, shredded chicken, cucumber, turnips, mango and a vinaigrette. Once it was done she set up the table and the 4 of them started to quietly eat once Noa gave some food to Gaia that were some leftovers from yesterday. As Wu Yichen eats he can not help but feel surprised, after all, he has eaten many delicacies in his life and only his personal cook can make food that he actually likes. But here it is a simple salad that requires almost no skill to prepare and he feels like this salad is one of the best meals he has had in years. It is not the most delicious but it is certainly up there in the top 10. So he quietly eats up all his food even though he doesn't really need to eat at all. After all, once you reach Nascent Soul you only need to eat once evry 2 months. But since he likes it why should he not eat it?