Chapter 11

Now Noa is in her last month of pregnancy and during the past months, she has been practicing her paintings and taking care of her chickens for the most part. There have even been 4 baby chickens that have been hatched. She has also been socializing with Xyll. But right now she is watering her plants when she heard a shout. 

Xyll:" Noa, come, come my baby is hatching!"

Noa drops the watering can in surprise end walks over with her huge belly towards Xyll and the hatching egg. Once she is there she sees Xyll hiding the egg gently as a tiny crack has formed on the egg. 

Xyll:" What do I do, what do I do?" She panics.

Noa:" All we can do is wait, let the baby try to get out on its own first. We should only help if it takes too long."

Xyll:" When, How?"

Noa:" Wait for 24 hours and if it is still not out of the egg we will help by making a big crack in the shell so it can get out."

Xyll:" I see, I see."

After saying this they wait for an hour after an hour until they finally one of the baby's front claws sticking out of the egg. Its claw is about as big as a human hand with golden claws as long as a pinky finger. The color of its scales is a very dark blue that is almost black. Seeing this Xyll looks very surprised and confused.

Noa:" What is it?"

Xyll:" Ha, it is just that no one in my or my husband's bloodline has golden claws or dark blue scales."

Noa:" Could it not be something similar and a mix of gene pigment. Like black and blue turns into dark blue and yellow turned into a darker variant?"

Xyll:" No everyone in my bloodline is either white or silver with some being pale red. While my husband's bloodline is mostly the same with the exception of some being light blue."

Noa: "It should be from a relative who you don't have records of or it could be a mutation. Besides it is not like both of your bloodlines choose a mate by their color. So there must be someone."

Xyll:"..."

Noa:" What?"

Xyll:" That is actually a large part of it."

Noa:"?"

Xyll:" Well we dragons are split into 5 factions and we don't generally have mates with a different faction and with my and my husband's families being high-ranked it is not very likely.  And it just so happens that our scale color coincides with 2 of the factions. My faction is one of them.

Noa:"... That sounds a bit racist:"

xyll:" What does that word mean?"

Noa:" Nevermind, but it could be inherited from a relative before the factions were born or a relative deleted from the records..."

Xyll:" No it is a mutation, it is forbidden to tamper with bloodline records. It is a crime worthy of death."

Noa:" If that is what. you want to believe."

Xyll:" But I am worried, what if my baby gets bullied and becomes an outcast."

Noa:" ... I don't know, either you just leave or you fight it out. I don't have any experience with that kind of thing..."

Before Noa has ended her sentence the baby dragon has managed to crack a large enough hole for its head. The baby has a shorter and more muscular snout than its mother. It also has some small black spikes alongside both chins and also on top of its head. Its horns are shaped just like Xyll but with a golden color. The baby dragon opan its eyes revealing its reddish eyes just like its mother. Just as they thought that the baby needed a little longer to come out the egg shatters into pieces like a thin piece of glass that has fallen to the ground. Reveling its tiny body, with tiny golden spikes along its spine. Dark blue body with bigger golden belly and throat scales. And last its long chubby tail that also has golden spikes on it. Seeing this Xylls eyes get teary with joy as she covers her mouth with both hands as she looks at her little dragonling. The baby also looks at her by instinct knowing that she is its mother. So it makes a reptilian crying sound to get her attention. 

Noa:" I think it wants you to hold it, also check the baby's gender."

Xyll:" Ah, oh, Yes, yes."

Xyll carefully picks up her baby just like one does with a little kitten, she patted its head and checks the baby's gender. There are 2 ways to check a young dragonling's gender one is to use your qi to sense it. And the other way is to make a special potion that will make the dragon burp and put fire if it is a girl. Of course, Xyll uses the first method.

Xyll:" It's a boy."

Noa:" Gratulations, do you have a name for him?"

Xyll:" No, that was supposed to be my husband's job." 

Noa:" You still badmouth him at a time like this?"

Xyll:" Yes... Noa, you name him."

She says as she carries him right in front of Noa's face."

Noa:" That is a job for a family member, not me..."

Xyll:" Please..."

Noa: " No."

Xyll: " But I am terrible at it."

Noa:" Then go search names in the library."

Xyll:" Fine, can you make some food for him while I do that?"

Noa:" Sure, what can he eat?"

Xyll:" Just normal human food is fine, but add a lot of meat. The young once need it at this age."

Noa:" Alright." 

Then Xyll takes her baby into the library while Noa cooks some meat stew for the baby. The food is ready after 1 hour and Noa takes it to Xyll.

Noa:" Have you found anything yet?"

Xyll:" I have 3 names that I can't decide between."

Noa:" Which once are they?"

Xyll:" Antrir, Tyrn and Xucen." 

Noa:" If you can't decide you can draw a lot." 

Noa says as she spoon-feeds the baby, that is very satisfied with his food."

Xyll:"... That is alright but not you naming him?"

Noa:" It is still you who choose the names."

Xyll doesn't respond as she thinks about it for a while until she untimely decides to do it. So she writes the names of three pieces of peppers and draws a lot.

Xyll:" Baby your name will be Antrir the first."