Chapter 3 First venture

Now it is finally time for her and Gaia to find food inside the forest. She wheres a woven basket on her back and has some tools with her for foregoing. Once she steps out the only sound she hears is that of the wind and birds. As she walks everything is calm and it did only take 20 minutes for her to find some fruit. The fruit is named blue dragon fruit and it is one of the edible fruits unique to this world. She then takes out a map that she has drawn on the way here and marks it in the location of the tree. After that, she picks 13 blue dragon fruits and puts them inside the basket. She walks on and it only takes a few minutes until she finds some oyster mushrooms that she also marks down on the map and picks. After a few hours, the basket is almost full of fruit, berries, mushrooms, and even some medical herbs.

But strangely she did not encounter any magical beasts or any normal animals for that matter while she went out. And in this place, it is almost guaranteed that you would at least meet one magical beast by now. But while Noa finds it strange, she is not the type to think deeply of things that she can't find an answer to. But on the way back a potent smell of blood enters her nose. It is a smell she is very familiar with on the battlefield but this is a lot stronger. Since the smell is near she decides to investigate because if there is any danger she rather wants to know where it is than be blind. So she stealthily and swiftly follows the smell and that's when she arrives at an opeaning in the forest. What she sees is a lot of dead magical beasts on the ground. All with big wounds that pour out blood. But not all of them are not dead there are still 4 left. It is a 3 vs 1 battle. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It is the 3 magical beasts vs a dragon

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It is the 3 magical beasts vs a dragon. You can tell that all the dead beasts have been killed by the dragon as all the claw and bite wounds match that of the dragon. While the dragon is still fighting strong. You can tell that it is very exhausted and is heavily wounded, as it has even a broken wing. But even so, the other 3 beasts are still not evenly matched for the dragon. As their only hope is to stall for time until it is too tired to continue fighting. But is easier said than done as they are also wounded. Noa analyses the situation closely and she can see that all the beasts that have attacked the dragon are above 7 grade and those 3 left standing are all 10-grade magical beasts. She can also tell that besides all the wounds on the dragon there is something else that is slowing it down. And her intuition tells her that it has something to do with why the dragon is here as they would not normally be here at the middle layer of the forest. It may even be for the same reason why it was attacked by so many magical beasts.

After another 19 minutes, the winner is finally decided. As the dragon managed to rip off the head of the wolf-looking beast. Tearing the reptilian in half and the last one has a hole through its abdomen. Although the dragon may have won its condition is very bad as it falls to the ground and can not move. And for some reason something compels her to help the dragon. It is a feeling she has never felt before and if she has she would never have acted on it. After all, doing so is very risky. But for some reason, it is like her children inside of her call to her to help. And she is very well aware that it is most likely an illusion but if it is true then she must do it. After all her unborn children are her little treasures and she can't let them down. So she walks slowly forward towards the dragon, hoping that it doesn't have any energy left to attack her. But when she is just 2 meters away from the dragon it talks to her through a psychic link.

The dragon: What are you doing human?

She asks with a weak yet aggressive voice which causes Noa to halt. She takes a deep breath and looks at the dragon with an overwhelming conviction in her eyes.

Noa: " Trying to save you."

The dragon: Ha, why would a greedy human save a dragon when they can just loot my corps. After all, it is one in a lifetime opportunity. 

Noa: " Because my gut tells me to."

The dragon: Ahaha, such an excuse there is no way I would believe that especially if it comes from a human.

Noa: " So will you attack me once I move closer?"

The dragon: Immposible, I, unfortunately, have no fight left in me. Though I would survive if I got time to heal but here I am just a valuable price for the beasts and humans who might come across me.

Noa: " Then can you turn into your human form, so I can carry you to my home?"

The dragon: That would be easy even in this state, but why would I do that.

Noa: " You are dying so does it even matter, you can choose to wait here for your death or have a leap of faith that I might actually be telling the trough?"

She says with a smirk.

The dragon: Hahaha, you are right. If it turns out that you are speaking the trough then I would be willing to pledge my allegiance to you.

Noa: " Thanks for the offer but I have no intention to tie a mighty being like you down. But I would be willing to be your friend."

The dragon: ... Alright then, if you are such a weird human that you say you are then I would be willing to make an exception.

The dragon says and then turns into her human form. 

That's when she can see that the dragon is also pregnant and if she was human she would be 7 months into her pregnancy

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

That's when she can see that the dragon is also pregnant and if she was human she would be 7 months into her pregnancy. But after she have turned human she fainted, so Noa have no time to delay. So she picks her up and runs as fast as she can towards her house.