Chapter 21 Feeding time for the farm animals

The next day Noa wakes them up to have breakfast and just as they said the 2 of them ignore each other. Seeing this Noa can't help feeling a little dismayed. After all good parent would like their children to fight and even go as far as not speaking with each other. But she had already reminded them again when they woke up and they still did not understand. Seeing this she knows that she can only wait for them to give up themselves as she knows that they can't keep this up forever. For breakfast, Noa made some Bramboračka soup from the Czech Republic. Although this soup is not used to eat as breakfast it is light so it can still be eaten in the morning. She ate it at a pub in the Czech Republic one time and she asked if they could give her the recipe and since it is not anything special they agreed. However, this version is different since she won't have all the spices and vegetables that are in it. Although this is not a big deal as there are many different versions of it and she is not trying to be accurate either. Besides food is to be eaten and an art form so unless you are trying to preserve some cultural heritage you can experiment all you want. Besides no one here will even care. Noa gave a normal bowl of soup to Evior and a huge one to Valery. Even as they become older their appetite is still the same. As they ate Noa prepared some food for Gaia, all she did was cook some rice with some fish meat then she added some carrots then it was done. 

In fact, the rice and fish were already done when she gave the soup to the twins so all she did was put it in Gaia's bowl and shredded in some carrot, mixed it and it was done. She gave the food to Gaia then she took some soup for herself and started eating with her children. Unlike usual, however, it was very quiet. Valery used to talk her head off and eat like there was no tomorrow. Then Evior would rebuke her if she said something wrong and she would listen to them and answer when the time called for it. Now however except for the silence Valery even ate very slowly. No, it is more like she is only using her spoon to stir the soup and being absent-minded. Noa can see her take glances at her brother with a wronged expression like she is waiting for him to speak with her first and apologize. And when he just ignored her and looked like he did not care she felt even more wronged. Evior on the other hand ate calmly like usual. Then she gave up and instead looked at Noa with an expression saying: Mommy, please scold him for me. 

Seeing this Noa suppressed her laughter and told her no with her eyes. Seeing that it did not work either she started to pout and started eating obediently although very slowly, like she was silently protesting. Noa can only sigh and continue eating. Once that is done Noa does the dishes and tells Gaia to keep an eye on them. Valery starts to play with Gaia while Evior walks to the library and practices his reading. Then she asks if one of them wants to go with her when she feeds the animals and both of them say no. She reminds them of what they can and can not do. Then she tells Gaia once again to keep watch over them and she heads out. First, she feeds the fish in the pond with a mix of mosquito larvae and blood worms. Then she walks over to her cows where she only needs to change their water as they have fresh grass available But she doesn't forget to clean the cow barn and pasture. Then she walks over to the chickens. She begins by cleaning their chicken coop and after that, she gives them food. They get a mixture of rice, mealworms, and lettuce. Then she changes the water in the water dish. She doesn't give them too much food as they are free to forage. Then she walks over to the pigs and they get rice, soybeans, apples, carrots, and alfalfa meal she makes herself. The pigs also have a chance to forage so she also gives them a little less. She also gives them new water and cleans their place too.

Then for last, it is time for her to feed Lilly which is her female giant domestic spider. But before she walks over to her she first has to walk over to the fruit orchard and pick mangos and dragon fruits.  She fills a whole wheelbarrow and drives it over to her. Now while these seem much for one meal this much is actually enough food for her to eat in 6 months. In fact, as a spider even though she is a giant she doesn't need to each too much as she is not a very active species of spider. So she only needs to eat about 10kg evry week and what she has with her is about 250kg. The reason why she gives the spider so much in one go is because of the spider's feeding habits. In fact, Lilly doesn't use her spider web to hunt instead she covers her home with is as an alarm system but she still also uses it for food. In fact, what she does is cover the fruits with her spider web, and by doing so the food gets preserved. But it does not stay as a fruit instead it turns into a thick liquid and that is what she eats. This liquid takes 3 months to create so she has to make more evry day as she constantly has a supply. Even if that supply has run out for some reason she can still survive without food for 4 months. So recently she does not eat 10 kg evry week it is just the minimum she has to collect evry week to make her own food. In actuality, what she eats or rather drinks is 20L evry 3 days. So there is no harm with Noa giving her so much fruit once a month. Besides, for some reason, her fruit trees have fully grown fruit evry 2 weeks. So she always has fruit available when she needs it. She wonders if it is because of the soil of the Nao forest that contacts an abundance of qi or if it has something to do with the barrier that Xyll has set up. But she can never know unless she meets up with Xyll and asks her.

(Spider warning)

Noa walks to the barn that is supposed to simulate a cave and opens the door. Inside all she can see is a chamber weebs with different paths to take. Noa doesn't walk in, instead, she peels a mango and takes a piece of flesh out of it. Then she stuck it into the spider web. Then she takes the ladder that has been built in the barn and climbs up with fruits in her hands. She sticks the fruit into one of 3 poles that resembles a leafless tree and she also regularly makes sure that there are no spiderwebs on. Then she climbs down and grabs more fruits and sticks them onto the pole until all the fruits are up on the 3 poles. It did not take long after that for Lilly to arrive. She has sensed the sensation of mango on her weeb and has come out to check it out. The first thing she does is to shoot some spider web on that little piece of mango and then she calmly walks over to Noa. Noa smiles at pats her on the head and Lilly enjoys it very much. Even though she is a spider she has the personality of a cat and loves it when Noa pats her. To Noa looks Lilly adorable. After that, she notices the fruits up on the pole and climbs up to get them. Once she has grabbed hold of one with her pedipalps she then shoots out her spiderweb winds a cacoon around the fruit and drops it on the ground. This continues for all the fruits and once she has done it for all the fruit she climbs down and waves her pedipalps at Noa like it is saying thank you. Then she shoots another wave of spiderwebs so that 4 strings of it are on each one of the fruits. Then she climbs on the wall makes out of her web and drags the freit into her lair. Now that all her feeding is done Noa walks home to spend some time with the twins.