Chapter 23 Who won?

The 2 of them are diligently drawing both of them with different styles. Valery's drawing style is passionate and bold. Valery prefers to paint humans and mountains that she has seen in storybooks.  Eviors style on the other hand is more soft and elegant. He likes to draw nature and buildings. Noa has been teaching them how to draw since they were 3 years old and both of them have been diligently learning and are also very talented. Now their drawings can be compared to an adult who can paint beautifully but isn't as good as an artist. That is to say, they are little geniuses in the way of painting. Although their practicing almost evry day is also a reason why they have become so good. Painting is the Black family's family routine and they do it almost evry day. Other fun activities include reading, playing with Gaia, and helping around the farm. Evior's favorite activities are reading and helping around the farm. He has especially taken an interest in the medical and spirit herb garden. He seems to like learning about their uses and how to grow them. If his interest continues when he gets older Noa plans to teach him medicine. Not only the thing that she learned during her time as a medical soldier but she will also teach him alchemy which is used in this world. However, her understanding of this is limited as she only knows what she has read from the library and a little bit from Xyll she has still achieved a 3 rank in alchemy, During these 8 years. 

Alchemists are this world's version of doctors. Although they are more special than them as normal doctors do exist. The difference is that doctors are normal humans while Alchemists need to be able to cultivate. Alchemists are essentially someone who works with magical materials such as spirit herbs to make miracle drugs. They dont make normal medicine instead they make pills and elixirs and they dont always need to be medicine. They can make pills that help with cultivation and temporarily gain a strangh boost and such. They also make poisons. 

Alchemists are rare as not only do you need to be a cultivator is it difficult to learn. The first rank is not that difficult but if you want to increase your rank then it is. Because not only is the difficulty increased but an alchemist also needs to continue to level up their cultivation as the higher grade pills and elixirs you make the more qi it requires. This is the reason why high-level alchemists are few and they are very respected. There are 10 ranks in alchemy and 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest. The rank of the pills you make uses the same system and as such only level 10 alchemists can make grade 10 pills. But each pill also has 3 grades when it comes to quality as it is common for pills to have impurities within them. The quality grades are. Low grade, Moderate grade, and High grade. There is also a 4th grade but it is really used as almost no one has seen or can make one and that is the Divine grade that has no impurities. Low-grade pills have 30-16 % impurities, and moderate-grade pills have 15- 9% impurities. While High-grade pills have 8-5 % impurities. These impurities are not much if you take 1 or 2 pills but if you take a lot of them they build up and if you use them for cultivation the path of it can be halted rather than increasing so the higher the quality is better and taking to many is not recommended. If you eat some you need to cleans off your impurities before you use more. But even if you have divine pills available it can not be realized as not only does your cultivation need to be stabilized with training but if you take too many you can become immune to its effects. 

While Noa has made some pills to help with her cultivation she only used them once due to knowing that using pills is not something she should rely on. Even though what she made was a 2-grade cleansing pill that is of high-grade quality. She only used it when she was in a bottleneck years ago and could not leave for training since her children were only 1 year old at the time. Now on the other hand she can leave for a short time as she can trust Gaia with them but she only does it if she has to as leaving them under Gaia's supervision is not ideal n matter how smart and competent she is. Gaia is still after all a dog. Even though she is now a magical beast she is still a dog and dont have a high enough rank to speak nor can turn into a human form. The only reason she ever leaves the barrier is when she wants to collect a spirit herb for her alchemy practice. After all, she has failed many times and such the plants she grows herself are not always enough. Of course, sometimes she needs a herb that she doesn't have so of course she needs to go out to collect it. Strangely though Noa had never met a human when she went out even though this forest is known for cultivators to travel in to hunt magical beasts, gather herbs or just to train and maybe increase their cultivation level. Maybe most dont enter this deep or she has just missed them evry time she does not know. But she still finds it a little strange but that is just a thought that doesn't go anywhere.