Chapter 18

~Vanity~

When I pull into the driveway I know that I can't go through the front door because Thiago would probably be sitting in the same place he was when I left because I didn't answer his text.

I turn off my bike but don't take my helmet off. I try to figure out what I'm gonna do so that he doesn't see me. I see a tree with lots of branches and I open my phone.

Me: open your window.

I don't even wait for a reply before I get off my bike and start walking to the tree.  I grab the branches and use my upper body strength to pull myself up and balance on a few branches.

I finally get up to Diana's room and I see her waiting in her room looking at her phone. I was going to say something but I figured that she wouldn't be able to hear me over my helmet.

The tree branch that I'm standing on is a couple feet away from her window.

Damn I'm up pretty high.

I ignore my thought and jump from the branch and to her window. Thank god I didn't fall. I got far enough to pull myself up and through the window.

"What the hell?" She asks and looks at me.

"Long story" I say back and she looks me up and down and smirks.

"Looks like someone had sex. And where did you get those pants?" She asks and I completely ignore her question.

"What makes you think I had sex?" I ask her and she gestures to my whole body.

"You have hickeys everywhere!" She shouts and I cover her mouth.

"Stop yelling. Not everyone in the house needs to know that." I tell her and uncover her mouth.

"Rightttt. You don't want Thiago to know."

Wait what?

"Don't twist my words woman." I say to her and she rolls her eyes.

"Before I actually ask what happened, why did you climb through my window?" She asks.

"Well... Thiago told me respond to his text messages. And he did text me. And I ignored it." I say and she starts to get antsy.

"Oh my god! He told you to not ignore him? He definitely likes you!" She starts shouting again and I have to shush her again. 

"Damn bitch be quiet. What is wrong with you?" I ask after shushing her and she whispers a quick "sorry".

"Ok so tell me what happened tonight" she demands and pulls me down to sit on her bed.

"Literally nothing." I say and she's not letting it go.

"What happened to the dress I bought you? Why are you only in pants?" She asks.

Here we go.

"My dress got ripped off" I tell her and her jaw drops.

"Are you actually serious?!" she says then continues "you must've had the night of your life!" She starts to shout again but this time I don't even say anything about it.