Chapter 26

A/N: You guys, hang in there with Danny. Remember, some people journey is harsher than others.

Danny Pov

I don't know how many days I've been here. I lost count. The cold hard floor is a constant reminder of my pain. For days he had come here to beat me, have sex with me and leave. I have screamed for Kyle so many times until my throat closed up.

I heard a faint noise. After a few minutes nothing happened. I went back to pulling and picking at the plaster on the floor. I started singing.

"What is love, if you're not here with me, what is love, if you're not really sure, what is love, if it just ups and leaves." I mumbled and hummed.

The door was thrown open. I couldn't turn to see because I was too sore but my body clenched in fear. My heart throbbed as tears rushed to my eyes.

My body was jolted as I was picked up. I screamed. "Shh, shh. I got you."

"Kyle," I mumbled softly.

"Shh." He wrapped a cloth around my naked body and left the room. He walked me up the stairs to my room and laid me on the bed.

He looked down on me. He looked angry.

"You're angry." My voice is so hoarse. "I'm s..sorry, Kyle."

"Shh. I'm not angry with you." He reached into his pockets and pulled out his cherry carmex. I smiled. He always has that on him. I hated it. I preferred cherry chapstick.

He rubbed some across my lips. He walked off to the bathroom. He ran water in the tub. He came and got me and put me in the tub. He gently bathed me. He washed my hair. I tried to hold in the hiss of pain, but I wasn't fully successful.

He wrapped me in a large warm towel and laid me on the bed. He went to my closet and grabbed a nightgown and put it on me. He got in the bed with me. I laid on him and cried. I cried for everything. The old me. The old us. Our relationship has shifted and I don't know how we get back or if it's even possible. Or if I even want to.

"Shh, shh." He put his finger under my chin and raised my head up. "Stop. it's over. You're here with us where you belong."

The door was thrown open. My back was to the door, but just by the way my body reacted I knew it was him.

I grabbed Kyle tighter and buried my face deeper into his chest.

"I didn't tell you to move her, Kyle."

"I did Dean. You got your revenge. Look at her. She is afraid. She won't run again. Leave her alone, Dean or so help me. I would burn it all down for her. You know that. Back off."

I felt the bed dipped with his knee. He leaned over me and kissed me on the back of the head. I flinched.

When he left I relaxed. "Kyle, can I call my grandfather."

"Later, get some rest." After he said that my lids became heavier. I fell asleep.

*********************

When I woke up, Kyle was still here. He was asleep. I winced when I tried to move. I needed to go to the bathroom. It took me forever but I got up and slowly limped my way to the bathroom. When I came back to the room I looked into the corner and saw Dean sitting in a chair. I stopped dead. I looked at the bed. Kyle was still asleep. I wish he would wake up.

"Sweet pea, I just wanted to make sure we understand each other."

My body was clenched with so much fear I wanted to cry. Tears gathered in my eyes when he stood. I loved and feared him. I'm in love with a monster. He's so evil. He showed me he didn't care about me. I feel so stupid because I love him. He has my mind, my heart, my surrender. He has it all.