Chapter 4

Danny Pov

"Hell no, are you insane. Do you want me to throw up on you again?"

I smiled up at the amusement park rides. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the ticket booth. "We would like two wristbands."

I jumped as a wrist came past me. He handed a credit card to the woman inside the booth. "I hope you don't mind. I invited my cousin to come alone."

I moved to the side so he wouldn't be behind me. "I could pay for the tickets."

He ignored me and continued to hand his card to the lady.

We went inside and rode rides. All kinds. Rollercoaster, log rides. The sling. There were too many to count. Dean upgraded us to a VIP all day pass so we didn't have to wait in any lines.

It all came crashing down when David showed up and took Kyle away.

"Kyle, I thought we would be together all day. Just the two of us."

"I'll be just a little while. Go with Dean."

"But..but..but."

"Stop pouting and go. I won't be long."

My breath hitched in my throat as he left me.

I turned to look for Dean but I didn't see him. It's just as well. I didn't want to go with him anyway.

"Looking for me."

I jumped at his deep husky voice. I'm scared to be alone with him. He is violent. He has a piercing stare. He looks so out of place here. In this place of happiness and peace.

"Kyle left me," I said sadly.

"Are you about done?"

I nodded. "I-I wanted to zipline, but it could wait."

He turned and walked toward the building for the indoor Zipline.

When I remain there. He stopped and raised a brow at me. I slowly made my way past him and into the building. I showed them my band and grabbed some gear.

I went twice. I was having fun, but I wanted to do this with someone. I looked over and saw Dean. He was sitting on a bench looking at me. I ignored the giant brute and went one more time. I'm tall but I barely come to his chin. His black jeans and combat boots make him look even more menacing. He jerked his head and let me know he's ready to go.

I removed my gear. We walked towards the exit. When we got to the park exit, I froze. "Where's Kyle?"

"We're leaving."

"I don't want to leave without Kyle."

He stiffened and looked at me. In that second he looked like he grew 2 inches with rage the way his chest puffed out with his deep breaths.

He chuckled but he wasn't smiling. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

"No-no. I just." He started walking. I had no choice but to follow. I pulled my phone out and called Kyle. He didn't answer. I texted him.

I tried to sound brave when I said, "I'm waiting for Kyle. You're a stranger to me. I don't know you." I held my head down to quiet the pounding in my heart.

I looked up. He was holding the passenger door for me. I can tell he wasn't asking again. I started to move. When I got closer to him he grabbed my arm tight and jerked me towards him.

"When I tell you to do something. Do it, understand." Tears came to my eyes. I nodded my head, afraid. When he let me go I got in. Why am I in this situation? Why did he come here? I don't know him. Why would Kyle leave me?

After minutes of driving he says, "Kyle tells me that your math grades are low."

"I p-picked up extra shifts at w-work. I haven't had time to st-tudy."

I felt his disappointment and disapproval like an itchy blanket.

"You're studying tonight."

I nodded.

When he stopped the car I got out. I gasped as he folded his large body from his muscle car. He definitely needs something bigger. Kyle is tall but he's skinny. Dean is big, wide, muscular and tall.

"Wh-at are you doing?"

"Helping you study." He walked past me to the door. I just stood there.

"Open the door, Danny."

I still stood there until my arm started throbbing where he grabbed me earlier. Then I decided to move.

I walked past him and opened the door. He followed me down the hall into my room. Thank goodness grandpa is gone.

"Math book." He said when we got into my room.

I found the book and opened it.

******************************************

"Wrong. Whatever you do to the right side you have to do to the left side. Start over."

I'm so frustrated. But not with Dean. I'm frustrated with myself. Why can't I get this?

He brought his arm over my shoulder and pointed. "This is your error. Line them up and keep 'em straight. If you don't, the answer will be wrong at the bottom."

I took a deep breath. Minutes later I squealed. "I did it!"

I forgot Kyle told me that Dean goes to the local university. He's a junior there. His major is business with an emphasis in finance and accounting.

"Thank you."

"Again."

I moved on to question two. We stayed at it until all 15 questions were answered and I had a better understanding about it. Math is my least favorite subject. It frustrates me when I have to use a whole sheet of scratch paper for one question.

"Thanks again. How can I ever repay you? Thanks to you I will most likely ace my exam tomorrow."

"I want us to be friends."