-𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐘-

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐁𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘2005

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐁𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓,
𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘
2005

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐁𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘2005

“All along there was some invisible string”

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑,

a sharp and metallic rhythmic beeping that echoed harshly against the walls and danced annoyingly against the walls of her weary mind. Tired and sleep-coated eyes struggled to open under the protest of heavy lids, managing slightly only to shut firmly once again as sharp warm light invaded her senses. A small and discomforted moan left her lips as she tried once again to open her tender eyes, finding that with each heavy blink, the intense light mellowed and allowed her to truly see where she was. 

Bright white walls surrounded her and for a moment, Maggie felt the swell of panic rise in her heart and threaten to swallow her whole when the terrible thought of being captured once more entered her mind, but it was quelled only slightly when she saw that on her left side was a tall wall of windows that reflected to her the pretty view of a city below and warm sunlight pour down in ribbons of golden light, and to her right she found a tall wooden door that led to somewhere. The more her vision cleared, she was able to make out the familiar outline of the city and was able to figure out that she was still in Budapest. Though as to where in the city, the young woman didn’t know. 

When Maggie tried to remember how she ended up wherever she was or how she got there in the first place, there was no clear answer to her questions. She could only remember how the building shook violently and groaned as the explosions went off. How everything came crashing down on her in a blazing inferno and then there was nothing but all consuming darkness afterwards. Maggie’s memories nothing more than a harsh and painful blur of flames and smoke the more she tried to push past the murky darkness and the gaping edges of her memory, only to still find nothing. 

“How did I get here?” she whispered into the cold air of the room around her, closing her tired eyes as she fought against the growing head-ache that pounded like a snare drum against the sensitive walls of her head.