-𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀 & 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓 -

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐎𝐇𝐈𝐎, 𝐔

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐎𝐇𝐈𝐎, 𝐔.𝐒
1995

"It's fun to lose and play pretend"

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊

the necessities in the house, from the paperwork and guns to any small items of importance. Maggie rushed up the stairs to her room, trying not to linger on the fact it wouldn't be hers in a long time as she looked for a very particular item.

Finding the item on her dresser she grabbed it and rushed back down the stairs to see her mother and Nat in the living room, Natalia going to grab the photo album but their mother stopping her.

"No, leave it, leave it, leave it. Go, both of you, wait in the car." she said, after seeing Maggie enter the room.

Both girls rushed outside to the family car, getting into the backseat with Yelena who was already buckled in. Maggie took the time to take one last look at the house she had called her paradise and home for the past three years, trying again not to cry. To not show weakness.

Getting in the car, her parents sped out of the driveway not bothering to close it as they sped off down the street. Looking out the window she saw the kids of the block laughing and celebrating happily without a care in the world, a stark contrast to their own world.

"Where are we going?" Yelena asked.

"Home."

"Mommy, you're silly. We just left home." Yelena said, looking at their mother with a giggling smile.

"She wasn't talking about that home." Maggie whispered bitterly, missing the sad look Melina sent her through the rear view mirror.

In the distance the sound of a police cruiser could be heard as they drove closer to it, passing it as they drove onto the highway. There was a quiet noise in the car for a little while as they drove on the interstate.