-𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄-

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒
2004

I used to know but I'm not sure now”

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

of New York City reflected in the rearview mirror of the car that they had stolen, as they grew far away into the distance and faded to that of the stars above. Snow flurries gathered on the window as they drove, highlighted by passing lights of the other cars on the highway.

The two sisters had driven in silence for the past few hours since successfully going about their mission. The only sound between them being that of the engine humming and the other car's driving past them.

It had been a nice and peaceful silence, one that allowed Maggie to think and relax from the high energy of the mission and to think. Thinking was something she found that she didn't have a lot of time for as her thoughts were on survival and making sure that every little thing she did was to the image of perfection of the Red Room.

Maggie, as she sat in the car thought of a million things, her mind going from the mission to what the fearsome things were in store for her sister and her after this.

What cruel things they would do to her after this, the thought alone made her stiff and tense, but more than anything it tore her.

It tore her apart each time to go on a mission, to do the things she was forced to do, and be a tool of The Red Room, when all she wanted was to be Maggie and not a widow or the Krasnaya Vdova.

'You could be different.'

There it was again, the archers' words ringing in her mind. For most of the mission she had been able to shove it to recesses of her mind and almost forget it, until now.

Sitting in the quiet car, the words repeated over and over in her mind and she wanted to scoff like she had when he had told her them.

She wanted to laugh and cry and do many things at those words that he had said so simply. Yet the one thing she wanted more than anything was to believe in them.