Ep.16 (Part 1) [Season 3]

Season 3 : The Race For Disillusionment

ㅤ

(As it states on the general knowledge, MIRA Corp is known for its huge space administration solely focusing on uncovering the wonders of outer space. They are the most renowed corporation for being able to firstly discover certain planets aside the ones in the Solar System. Thanks to MIRA, scientists have found a possible new replacement for Earth----Planet Arcreion, which is currently under scrutiny since 5 months ago.)

(MIRA Corp are also the first founders of space crystals, which are remnants of The Big Bang that are scattered far out in the Solar System. They are clustered in large groups, and what makes them valuable are the contents it offers. Space crystals contain what we call spacules that can perform actions that almost defies science. One can even say that it's like magic in fairytales.)

(Scientists in the company are already experimenting some of its capabilities. Good news is that they are also in the process of making a health potion, one that makes all physical injuries and internal medical issues to be treated in seconds.)

(Not only it applies to chemistry, but space crystals are being used in technology as well. Inventions such as power guns, spacula reactors, spacula-powered devices; these are just the overview of technologies merged and powered by spacula.)

(The company is divided into eight divisions---Nebula Division, Andromeda Division, Lucent Division, Azure Division, Solar Division, Aurora Division, Hypernova Division, and Stellar Division. Mainly, the Lucent Division is responsible for applying the values of such discoveries for human usage and Stellar Division finds those said discoveries.)

(Research is always done every day and night, in the hopes of unveiling all the secrets the universe has to offer. Without it, the company itself wouldn't even exist. It was a given that most of the experiments in research resulted in total failure, with some of them creating disasters inside the building.)

(These mistakes wouldn't just happen in the building alone. Sometimes on the expeditions of the teams in Stellar Division, there would be at least three or four spacecraft technical issues that occur once every two months. Some problems can be fixed by themselves but not all, and they would be stuck at an impasse.)

(The director of the company then had an idea to build another division that fixes all of these problems----The Spades of Mira. They are designed specifically to help those in distress and are in need of assistance. As they are entrusted and assigned to such critical and emergency situations, members who apply for it will undergo a seven-month orientation and space training, that is five months more than the training period of the aforementioned divisions. You could even call them as elite members of MIRA HQ.)

(The company meticulously picks out those who are worthy of being part of the division other than the seven-month training. Since the SOM holds an essential role in the company, they can't afford to choose the wrong people for it. Seven months of training wasn't really an exaggeration, in fact, it was way less. After all, being a part of the Spades of Mira meant that one would aid the people in any way possible, no matter the circumstances. Be it certain misfortunes that befell on the people in MIRA, they will always be there to rescue you.)

(As part of their jobs, teams on SOM are assigned on patrol duty everyday inside the skyscraper. Every day is split into four shifts worth of patrol; morning shift, afternoon shift, night shift, and past midnight shift. Teams are then put into specific shifts on different days depending on their team rank. The higher rank they have, the less shifts they're likely to cover.)

(To make sure that everything is in its own place, they have to carry out this responsibility for the betterment of the company. Somewhere on different locations inside the premises, members of Team Rzulight are being separated for their current patrol in accordance to their scheduled shift this day, which is afternoon.)

Lucid : An hour has passed. Please provide your individual patrol report. Over.

(The tall man with a stitched logo of SOM attached in his white uniform looks at his watch as he speaks through his earpiece. The time on his watch was exactly 3 PM sharp, even with the seconds recently turned to zero.)

(For every patrol shift, all members of the team will give each of their hourly report to either the leader or the co-leader, depending on who requested for it. Since Lucid was the co-leader of the team, it was basically his duty to require for the members' findings.)

Flos : Current location: F-57, Hallway B6. Surveilled F-55 and F-56 minutes ago. No issues detected of any kind. Over.

(He also talks through his earpiece. Even if they haven't witnessed any problems, it is still a must to deliver their current findings and statuses in order to notify not only the leaders and co-leaders, but for everyone on the team as well.)

Lyrith : F-73, Hallway D4. Already searched F-72. No emergencies so far. Over.

(Lyrith talks whilst chewing his lollipop.)

Kriva : I was at Floor 68 five minutes ago and there were no problems whatsoever. Over.

Lucid : Present location?

Kriva : Oh, I'm currently outside of the Virtual Space Training Facility at Floor 64. Over.

(She tilts up her glasses as she talks.)

Lucid : Noted that.

Cephira : It's already time for the report? How commendable of you, dear Lucid, to be so hysterically punctual and timely!

(An elevated loud voice comes out in the midst of the voice chat. Hearing this, Lucid lets out a sigh. Indeed, he was the punctual type, but it wasn't because of that that made him sigh like this. Rather, it was the person who said it.)

Lucid : I get that a lot, Cephira. So, your report?

Cephira : Hold on...

Lucid : Oh, don't even tell me...

(He facepalms as he concurrently have a bad feeling and an assumption.)

Cephira : Yeah, may I sincerely know what floor is Hallway E2 again?

Lucid : I knew it, you're lost.

(He wasn't even surprised. After all, it's her that he's dealing with here. Despite the haughty attitude, Cephira isn't good at directions and is easily lost. As long as it's about locations, she's going to be the wrong person that you can ask for it.)

Lucid : It's at F-85.

Cephira : Ah, that is right! I hysterically offer my deepest gratitude for thine most gracious assistance!

Lucid : How troublesome. Seriously, you're gonna be a lost cause if you ever plan on travelling alone.

Cephira : Fret not, for I always journey with my hysterical butlers when embarking on my most harrowing travels.

(She flaps away her long twirling hair, looking all complacent.)

Lucid : I don't recall asking. And I assume you also don't know the floors you've searched before?

Cephira : I beg your pardon?

Lucid : Forget it.

[To Be Continued]