Ep.12 (Part 1)

Aero : !

(Karenina was seen talking to a person lying on the floor who's been paired with her for the whole crew's crucial task. The cyan-colored fabric of the person's uniform seems to be drenched in thick blood right in the chest area. And yes, such person was Skyfrost. Out of disbelief, Karenina shakes his body with both hands, in the hope of waking him up. Her words sounded as though filled with desperation, like she unravels a new side of her for the first time.)

Karenina : Hey... Hey! Wake up, you b*****d!

Aero : ...

(Similar to what happened to the first death in the crew, the group just remained there standing, bewildered from what happened. Helpless they are, they can only stare at the very body of their fallen teammate.)

Karenina : We still have a contest! We still have something to settle! Don't you dare die on me, you coward...!

(She screams with all her might in front of Skyfrost's dead body. Regardless of who was around, she continues to scream while she had no time to worry about it. The more she goes on, the more her tone weakens. Her eyes were now filled slowly with tears, which is something you wouldn't really expect from a problematic woman.)

Karenina : I still haven't...defeated you... So please...don't die...

(Karenina clenches his cyan-colored uniform firmly, which is now dyed in red, as she talks in a quavering fashion. Aside from begging Skyfrost to wake up, she also tries not to make a pathetic face, however she also struggles to resist the urge to wail and explode. In the end, her face was too conspicuous for someone to guess that she had bottled emotions that's about to burst. Was it because their contest was unsettled? Or was it just genuine sympathy as a friend? No one could know. As the room is enshrouded by pitiful words from the miserable woman, two other people enter the area.)

Kres : Why is there a crowd gathering here?

Edelweiss : Do we have something to discuss?

(Kres and Edelweiss halt soon as they saw the dreadful view.)

Edelweiss : Is that... Skyfrost?

Kres : What happened?

(He approaches the dead body to check and see what's going on. However...)

Karenina : DON'T YOU DARE COME ANY CLOSER!!

(The stoic Kres immediately stops soon as he heard the deafening voice from Karenina.)

Karenina : Who do you think you are, to touch Frost's body with your filthy hands...? Do you even have any shame...?

(Even though her voice is so soft and still shaking, the sound of malevolence from her words can't be easily ignored by anyone's ears. It was cold, resembling a snowy weather along with roaring thunders.)

Kres : ...

(It was apparent enough that Kres didn't have anything to respond to her questions. He might be scared, or maybe he didn't feel the need to answer, there could be numerous guesses.)

Karenina : Hey, I asked you a question, for f***'s sake...

Karenina : Do you even have the right to touch his body?

Karenina : Even if you were the leader of the crew, I won't hesitate for a single second to kill you.

Karenina : Oh, or maybe...

(She slowly raises her head which is been laying down low for the whole time, and then it's followed by...)

Karenina : ...you killed him?

(With her expression finally visible to the whole crew after her head is been lifted, it seems to emit a petrifying sensation on her glare with small teardrops in the corner of her eyes. One look of her face and you can easily feel the sharp daggers from her condescending expression.)

Kres : Okay, now you are clearly being unreason---

(Mid-sentence, Karenina swifts toward him like a passing lightning and grabs him by the collar of his uniform. With her terrifying gaze still on her face, it added the animosity to her words and the aura she emits out in the open.)

Karenina : That's just perfect. If you're the impostor, maybe the people around you won't have any regrets when you die.

Edelweiss : Karenina, you need to calm do---

Karenina : Shut yer trap, Hana! I don't need those words from the likes of you!

Edelweiss : ...

(Anyone would feel hurt after hearing that, especially for Edelweiss. But she regains back her composure and painstakingly tries to calm down the crazed Karenina.)

Edelweiss : I know you feel downhearted right now, but you can't just instantly blame someone randomly. All of us here don't even know who the impostor is. I'm just telling you to think about this rationally.

Karenina : What's there to think rationally?! No matter how desperate we are to catch the impostor, our wishes don't even get fulfilled! The more I stay here, the harder it becomes to trust someone! Do you really think I'm f*****g opulent enough to waste my time and think about the situation more rationally?!

(As she speaks, she loosens her grip from Kres's collar and faces Edelweiss properly.)

Edelweiss : No, it's not that...

Karenina : Then what? Even if we had the time to do that, our lives will already be murdered before you know it.

Karenina : You don't understand. I just want all of this to end! I...!

(Out of nowhere, Karenina falls over to Kres's body, as if she just lost all energy. The noises from the arguments quickly dissipates in the room and turns the air into silence.)

Kres : Oh, good grief...

Edelweiss : Karen---is she okay?!

Kres : She probably just fainted. Considering all of the shouting she did earlier, I am not surprised as to why.

Edelweiss : That's good to know.

(She releases a breath of relief. Kres carefully carries her body and places it on one of the benches beside the table.)

Edelweiss : Wait, why aren't you putting her in Medbay?

Kres : Oh, just a second...

Kres : I reckon it is about time to test it out.

[To Be Continued]