Chapter 4

Adrianna

     I wake up due to the sound of knocking on the door. I wonder how long I slept. Unfortunately, I don't have a phone. I stretch my hands and tell the person to come in.

     The guard who brought me to the room opens the door and steps in halfway.
"I am sorry for disturbing you, miss. Mr Romero requests your presence downstairs. I will lead you to the dining room". I nod in response to what he said.

     I guess I will be meeting my 'brothers' tonight. Let's see what they are like. If they are anything like their father, I think I will be able to tolerate them at least.

    I walked into the bathroom which is practically the size of my former house. It even has a cute bath tub. I can even sleep here if given the chance.

     I wash my teeth and splash water on my face. Although I'm having an 'I don't care' attitude about this situation, I am slightly concerned about how they will react to my eyes.

     I am not sure if I was born this way and maybe that's why they gave me away. I don't remember anything from before five years old. I will try to get some answers soon.

    I finish up and follow Rock, I eventually asked for his name. I am pretty sure that is not his real name but whatever floats his boat.

    We finally reach the dining room. Surprisingly, it has a very warm atmosphere but it seems that immediately I stepped in, it became really tense and cold.

   I walk forward with my head high and chin up while putting on a stoic face. They were all staring at me quietly.
"Good evening everyone " After I greeted, they regained their composure. Better.

    "You can seat over there. May, the nanny, has prepared your favorite dishes" Mr Romero pointed towards a chair across him. There was a plate for that chair with different kinds of foods that I don't think I have eaten before. How can he say my favorite food? I have never eaten anything Italian. This is weird.

    He was sitting at the head chair of the table while the others sat at the sides of the table.

    I sat down and put one leg on my chair so as to be comfortable. I have never sat on a dining chair before.

   I heard someone clear their throat as I was about to put the food in my mouth. I look up to still find all of them staring at me with different expressions.

   "You can't sit like that dear. Your leg should be under the table". The guy that looks like the younger version of Mr Romero said with a tinge of amusement in his eyes. Huh?

     Well, at least they speak. I was seriously starting to think otherwise.

    "I am not comfortable on this chair. I have not sat on a chair like this before. If I am not allowed to put my leg up, I would rather sit on the floor. What do you say?" I cocked my head at him in a mocking manner.

Honestly I don't know what made me do that. It's unlike me. Weird.

    The rest of them looked shocked. One looks really angry. Why? I'm not sure what that is about.
"Don't worry about it child. Let me do a little introduction". Well, that's better.

But can't they introduce themselves? Do they not know simple manners or courtesy? I just simply carried on with eating and gave him a nod in agreement. I might as well know who I'm going to be living with.

"This is your eldest brother, Armando". He put his hand on the shoulder of the man next to him. He looks like he is in his mid-twenties. Armando threw me a faint smile.

OK, no.1 is sane.
"This is your second eldest brother, Angelo". He pointed at the one sitting beside Armando. These men are too handsome. What the heck happened to my genes? Where did they go wrong? I shed internal tears.

So dramatic

Angelo didn't even react. He just kept on staring. You would think he was in a competition at this point.
"And finally, the twins. This is Emiliano and Elio". He rounded up with a smile of that of a proud father.

I wish someone would look at me like th- Focus Adri! Focus! Don't let them get to you. The one I'm guessing is Elio, gives me a cute geninue smile. I think I like this one. Emiliano just sent me a glare which I very well returned.

So this should be a cheerful/grumpy duo. Nice. At least, now I know who to keep away from.

To get away from this awkward meet and greet, I start to rush my food which is a shame because the food is really tasty. I don't know how he knew I would love this Italian dishes or why he called them my favorite. Maybe i will ask him later.

After clearing my plate, I asked for permission to leave the room.
"Don't you want more? You really loved the food right? But it's okay if you want to have some rest. I will call for you after a while. You can go now".

I gave Mr Romero a slight smile and left the room. I have not accepted him as my father yet but he seems to be really caring. I should at least have a decent relationship with him.

Rock leads me to my room once again and I sit down on my bed to think about my messed up life.

Armando

It's been quite a while since I have had to conceal my emotions this hard. My bambina. She has changed and I'm not sure if it's totally in a good way. I really don't know how to go about this.

"What is this father? What happened to Adrianna? How are her eyes that way? She wasn't born that way as far as u remember. Are you sure you didn't pick up the wrong girl? " Angelo questioned father.
He is clearly very pissed off and frustrated to say the least.

"She is my daughter and there is no doubt about that. I don't know what could have changed her eyes but i will get to the bottom of it. Until then, nobody should discuss about it in front of her. Any bad word against her and you are out of my house. Is that clear to everyone? "

Dad has not spoken to us in that tone in a long while. He hates anyone questioning his decisions and this is about his daughter after all so it is expected.

I personally know that she is my baby girl. But the change in her is too huge to be kept aside.

The boys nod and start to leave the table. I will have to talk to them tomorrow. For now, I need to rest and clear my head. I haven't gotten proper sleep in the last few weeks.

I have the sudden urge to see my little sister but I decide against it. I should give her some space and time to adjust first. I will speak to her later.

After Dad goes to his room, I retire to mine. Hopefully, we can sleep tonight with less guilt in our hearts.

Author:

Hey babies!
How was the chapter? Any thoughts? Thanks for reading💖
Don't forget to vote,comment and follow.
Byeee💖😩