Chapter 61.

LISA

The Kim's Mansion

"Hi."

"I'm good. How are you?"

"That's great."

"I'm going home soon. You know Aria wants to celebrate here with her mom."

"Thank you, Diana. I really appreciate it. It's such a pleasure to work with you again."

"I'll see you soon. Bye."

I ended the call after a long talk and catching up with an old friend of mine. Diana told me how the photoshoot I recently did with GQ magazine gained a lot of praise from her boss, and they are planning to hire me again as a photographer once I come back to Bangkok.

"Who is that?"

I gasped, holding my chest, when I heard Jennie's voice echo in the living room where I am currently standing.

"It's work."

"So you're seriously working with your ex now?" She arched her brows while crossing her arms.

"Why do you care?"

"Uh, because we're still married from the time you dated her, and the fact that you don't have any amnesia at all means you cheated."

I breathed heavily as I clenched my teeth, looking at her annoyingly.

"Stop acting like you can control me. We weren't together that time, and you ignored me for more than a year, remember?" I walked past her, but she was quick to grab my arms and stop me.

"That doesn't change the fact that I am still your wife, Lalisa. And you didn't even try to hide it. You're openly flirting in my house. What if Aria heard you, huh?"

"I said. I'm working!!" I exclaimed. "I wasn't flirting. She offered me a job, and I accepted. Besides, why do I even have to explain myself to you? I'm only here for Aria, and we're only married on paper."

Jennie was taken aback after I shouted at her face. It's been a long day for me, and I spent the whole day with her ignoring me. She's the reason I contained everything inside my chest, and now it's bursting out.

"Oh! So now it means nothing to you? Just to remind you, you're the one who forced me into this. If I remember it correctly, we broke up until you surprised me with that stupid wedding ceremony!" She matched my voice, and now we're shouting at each other.

"Stupid?!" I scoffed.  "You're not mindless, Jennie. You could've said 'No'."

"That's a mistake. I wish I didn't marry you!"

"HEY!!!!"

We both got stunned, looking at the old man who shouted in his deep voice. Jennie's father interrupted us along with Mrs. Kim and Irene, who were covering Aria's ear.

"Jennie, what's happening here?" Her mom stepped in between us while facing her daughter.

"Can't you lower your voice? Aria is hearing you." Irene hissed at both of us.

"I'm sorry, sir, ma'am."  I bow, humbling myself in front of Jennie's parents.

"I'm getting Aria upstairs. You two must fix whatever it is." Irene butted in and walked Aria upstairs to her room.

"This isn't what I expected from both of you." Mr. Kim says. "You're both acting like a teenage couple. You're both adults with an eight-year-old child. When will you act like grownups?"

"Jennie, Lisa, if you have a misunderstanding, just talk it out calmly. You don't have to shout at your lungs." Her mother added.

"There's nothing more to talk about here, mom." Jennie turned to her mother, then to her father.