Chapter 48.

IRENE

"I may have a way to put Franco Yun in jail... Permanently."

"Huh?  What are you talking about?"

I was stressing out about my father getting away from his crimes. Then now, Lisa is calling me out of nowhere, saying she can put my father back in prison. That's odd of her to say those things.

"Can you come here in Thailand?"   She added.  Her tone is becoming aggressive, so I frowned.

"What?!  Lisa, I can't. You know we're busy at the company. There's a lot going on here."

"This is more important."

"Listen.  I don't know what's on your mind right now. Jennie told me that it was my father's men who broke into your house. I know you're mad. But we're already talking to our lawyers to handle his case."

"Tsk!  Director, you listen to me. If you're still proving that Franco Yun bombed the venue, it's not enough. He got away from that. For sure he'll get away from it again."   She paused for a moment before she could continue. 

"Director, please.  Help me on this. I promise.  This is worth it. But I need your help."

"How?  How could you possibly have anything against my father?  Did you find something strange in his business there in Thailand?" I asked, creasing my forehead.

"Get here in Thailand. I'll explain here."

I heaved a sigh. She's not explaining enough.

"And please don't tell anything to Jennie."   She ended the call immediately without letting me respond.

There's a lot going on here in Korea, and I don't need another distraction to affect me, let alone flying overseas to Thailand. We're still working on getting the company back to normal, and my father just got out of jail. For sure, he will get back to Jennie, and she needs my help more than anything. But then Lisa's phone call came unexpectedly. I don't know if I should believe her. 

"Unnie!"

I almost jumped off my swivel chair when Jennie slammed the door of my office open. I was snapped out of my thoughts, staring at her shockingly.

"Unnie, we need to find a way to hold him accountable for the bombing. We should investigate the judges who handled his case. I'm sure Uncle paid them a good price. If so, I'll get them both in jail with Franco. If it doesn't work, let's reopen the investigation into Aria's accident. I'll beat his secretary to death if I have to, just to make him talk. Anything that can get him back where he belongs." Jennie spoke sternly, without taking a breath.

Knowing Jennie, she will not stop reasoning with me until I agree. So I just go with what she wants. Besides, we need as many options as we have.

"Alright. I will help you." I responded.

My sister has a good idea but she's becoming more reckless. I couldn't opposed and think at the moment, because I'm still distracted of what Lisa have told me.

:

:

Yun Enterprises Penthouse

Because I can't concentrate working in the office, I decided to leave for a while and visit my father unexpectedly in his penthouse. It alerted his bodyguards, who were surprised by my presence.

"Ms. Irene, your father ordered not to allow any visitors—"

"Get away from my face." I shoved the bodyguards away as they tried to stop me from rushing into his place.