Chapter 46.

"Jennie. You have to see your family. Right now!!"

"Unnie? What's wrong?"

"The venue last night got bombed."

"What?! What do you mean it got bombed?" I frowned. "Unnie. You better not joking me right now."

"I'm not!" She took a deep breath before she continued. "When the power went off last night, it was me. I paid the personnel to switch the power off, but I told them to put it back on, specifically after 30 minutes. But then, it didn't. The event hasn't finished when everyone gets outside the venue for security protocol. That's when the bomb blew. Me, Irene, and us who came here, we didn't know until we got back in the event."

"How about mom? Dad? How are they?"

"They're fine. Fortunately, no one died. But there are few who got injured."

I held my temple while Lisa held my hands to comfort me. "That's good to know." I said.

"That's not the only problem, Jennie. You have to go back into the company. You can't quit being chairman."

"Why? What else happened?"

"The storage was set on fire. All the magazines for shipping turned to ashes. Millions of dollars' worth of sales are gone, Jennie. The investors are threatening to pull out after it was reported that the release of the new magazine didn't push through."

My knees were so weak that I had to sit down on the bed. All I can do is stare at Lisa. I'm thinking that my plans for our future are slowly fading out. I'm only an inch away from running away with her. But I can't leave in this state. The company has become part of me too. I can't leave my family with all these problems.

"Jennie, you should see them. Go on. I'll come after you. I'll see what I can help you with." Lisa sat beside me on the bed and held my hands tightly.

"I'm so sorry. This is our first day of being engaged, and this-"

"Shhh!" she cut me off. "I understand. Don't think about it."

She turned to Jisoo and let go of my hand. "Take her, Jisoo unnie. I'll see you later in the company."

I came with Jisoo and left Lisa and the others behind. Lisa promised to meet me in the company, which gave me such relief.

While we're on our way, there's only one person that comes to mind who has motives to do all this.

Franco Yun.

:

:

I met my parents in my office while everyone of my employees was busy, taking nonstop calls from here and there. The investors have been ringing my phone since I came to the building, requesting a meeting after the disaster made it into international news.

"Mom, are you alright?" I found my mother on the couch, sipping coffee while Irene and my father are discussing something in the corner.

"We are, sweetheart. Irene has already made a statement explaining the accident. We also filed a police report,"

"Jennie." My father called, looking so worried. "Where have you been since last night? Thank God, you weren't here. Are you alright?"

I refused to respond that I was with Lisa; instead, I diverted his question. "Who do you think did this, dad? I won't believe this is just an accident."

"That's what I'm telling dad, Jennie." My sister butted in. "A bombing? Exactly at the magazine launch? And a fire is set in the factory where all magazines are stored and being printed? Someone plotted this the whole time."