Chapter 52.

JENNIE

I keep dialing Lisa's phone while I'm left alone inside this mirrored, dark room with a conference table. But she wasn't answering any of my calls. Instead, I left her a voicemail telling her not to worry.

I was sitting alone in this room and confused about what answers were needed from me. As far as I know, it is Franco that they should be questioning.

"Ms. Kim."

A fine woman in a suit entered the room, offered her hand, and introduced herself.

"Detective Lee Sunmi. I'm handling your case, Ms. Kim."

"I need a lawyer. I'm not talking without my lawyer."

"I just need you to answer a few of my questions, Jennie. We're not arresting you."

"So, what is this all about again?"

"It's regarding you and Franco Yun."

I creased my forehead when she shifted to being serious. She proceeded to take a seat in front of me and put a folder on top of the table.

"Jennie, I will be asking you some sensitive questions, and I want you to answer them as precisely as you can."

"Alright. Let's get it over with." I agreed, as I wanted to go home as soon as possible. A few minutes of waiting had already taken plenty of my time.

"You accused Franco Yun of bombing the place where your event was held."

I nodded.  "Yes."

"Why do you think he will do that?"

"There's literally an audio file that can prove that. He's been planning it all along." I exclaimed.

"Isn't he your sister's biological father? And you also treated him like your father?"

"Well, I regret that now."

"Why do you think he would do such things?"

"He wants to put us down. Us. I mean, me and my father, and anyone who involves us."

"What makes you say that?"

I'm certain that he planned Lisa and my accident in Thailand.

I shook my head to erase those thoughts.

"I studied in Thailand way back in college. I dated someone, and we got into an accident. It almost killed us. In fact, both my partner and I went into comas. I woke up first and investigated the accident. I found out that the truck used to crash our car belongs to Franco Yun's company. I've got all the police reports on that if you want."

She heaved a sigh and shook her head, indicating a 'no'.  "Anything else? Something recent?"

I nodded and then proceeded.

"My partner now has a little sister. She's only seven, and she's really close to me. A few months ago, she got into an accident. My partner was supposed to leave her alone in their apartment only for a few minutes to buy them dinner. But then we found out that Franco's secretary lured her outside, and the accident happened. We all caught that on the CCTV camera of that street. Franco's secretary left the child on the crossing, causing the accident." I breathe before continuing.

"A few weeks before that, when we're on vacation in Thailand, that kid was chased, again, by Franco's secretary. And she fainted on the street. It was really serious because the girl has asthma. Now I refuse to believe that's all a coincidence."

Sunmi just stared at me as she continued listening. "Go on. Tell me more."

"Also, my mother was married to Franco Yun before my father. His daughter, Irene, was never close to him. And his company never beats our company in the success of the industry. He has the very reason to take it against us. He's jealous."