Chapter 35.

JENNIE

"This way chairman."

I was guided by the creative director of the launching event inside the grandiose hall. Staff and workers are busy setting up the place. My presence here surprised everyone. I was supposed to take care of Lisa after she got discharged from the hospital last night, but I came here instead.

"This will be our main stage." He pointed at the elevated platform that was being setup. "We will have a cocktail bar over there and our guests will be sitting here." He keeps pointing everywhere, but my mind is thinking something else.

"Jendeuk!!" Jisoo pinched my sides and snapped me back into my trance. I told you I can check the venue myself. You should stay with Lisa.

"She's resting, unnie."

"Can you give us a moment, please?" Jisoo talked to the director to leave us for the meantime, and they obliged.

"So how is she? Can she remember now?"

I shook my head "No."

"Well, maybe she will. Sooner."

I sighed.

"What are you doing here? She needs you. What if her head hurts again?"

"Actually, I'm avoiding her. She keeps asking about why she saw me in her visions and all. I don't know how to respond, unnie. I mean, what am I supposed to say? That we're married? Got to an accident and unfortunately forgotten me? Only me!" I sternly pointed at myself.

"Uhm... Yes."

"Unnie!"

"But what if that triggers her to remember everything? Don't you like it? You can finally have your wife back. Isn't that what you want?"

"I do. But..."

"But what?"

"There's something else..."

Jisoo squinted her eyes, waiting for me to continue. But I won't tell her any more.

"I have a meeting. I just visited the venue for some time. I'll leave the rest to you, unnie." I diverted my response and exited the venue without letting her ask me more.

"Wait. Jendeuk—"

I walked faster until she couldn't follow me and hopped into my car in haste. Just in time, Lisa's caller ID appeared on my phone as we drove back to the building.

"Hey! Babe, how are you feeling?"

"Better. But I didn't see you this morning. You left early? I can come to the office later."

"No. You don't have to. Take a rest. Chaeng can help me with my schedule today."

"Okay. But can I at least visit you?"

"Hon, I'm busy today. You know the launching is near, and I don't want to stress you out. Just stay with Aria, okay?"

"Okay. Can you come home early?"

"I'll try, babe. Bye." I ended the call without waiting for her response. I get out of my car and enter my building with my sunglasses on.

"Chairman, this way." Chaeng welcomed me in the entrance and guided me in the elevator going to the meeting room.

"C-chairman, t-there are some ch-changes—"

"What, Ms. Park?"

"The boards requested an outdoor meeting today along with the staff. They're at the golf club, right now." She said shakily.