Chapter 11.

JENNIE

Taking a day-off for almost two days got me more appointments than usual. I've been in a meeting earlier this morning and there are more to follow. It's 12noon and I'm already exhausted.

Lisa didn't come to work on time so we didn't met this morning. I expected her to be with me in all my meetings since she's my secretary. But I wonder what made her late today. I hope she didn't regret making out last night.

I missed kissing and making out with her. Years have passed but I remained loyal. I never hooked up or slept with anyone. Only Lisa can make me crazy like this. I couldn't take her off from my mind and I want to see her sooner.

"Chairman?"

"Jennie." Irene nudged me that snapped me back to my senses.

"Uhm... Yeah. I agree." I nodded. Actually, I lost it in the middle of the presentation.

"Are you alright? You've been spacing out." my sister whispered.

I hummed in response.

"Is there something bothering you? That's why you took a day-off?"

"No. Don't mind it. I can manage." I assured her.

About Lisa, I don't know what she think of me. I want her to ask me out already but I don't want to rush things for her. Obviously, I'm ready for anything. I already waited years just to have her again.

As soon as the meeting ends, I hurriedly get my phone and dial her number. I will be out for lunch with my client and will visit sites after that. I won't be seeing her until this evening, so I just want to hear her voice for the meantime.

But I'm having second thoughts to call her. What if I will sound cringe and needy while talking to her? My sister is with me and she will easily noticed it. Not a good idea. I'll just text her then.

12:01 PM
I bought you lunch. Make sure to eat it.

12:05 PM - Manoban
Thanks chairman.

That was cold. But she texted me again.

12:07 PM - Manoban
You bought my favorite. You're the best 😉.

12:08 PM
Of course I am.

12:10 PM - LiLi
I'm eating my lunch now. Have yours as well.

"Eyes on your way little sis." My sister lifted my chin up. "Lisa is not going anywhere." she then whispered on my ear smirking.

How did she— Nevermind.

:

:

LISA

I've been smiling like an idiot looking at my phone and to my lunch. I haven't opened it and doesn't let anyone to touch it like it's the most important thing in the world.

Earlier this morning, I was daydreaming of cuddling my boss, so I lost track of time and came to the office an hour late. I was really disappointed because I wanted to see her so badly.

While I'm at my desk, I couldn't work properly and I keep spacing out for thinking about her. But when someone delivered me a lunch with a post-it note inside saying...

"Eat well. It's your favorite."

I already knew whom it came from and that made my day. My friends asked about it, as they've seen it being delivered but I just ignored them. I won't tell them it's from my boss because I don't know how ro explain either.