Chapter 8.

LISA

My boss locked herself in the office so I couldn't checked if she's alright. She's not answering my calls either so I'm getting worried. I brought her foods just in case she was hungry and opened her office.

I really felt bad as I haven't seen my boss to be so vulnerable. After all the scary boss figure she's still a human and has her weakness but she doesn't want anyone to see it.

I was walking back and forth to my desk and to her office to checked if it's unlocked but it wasn't. The food is getting cold and she haven't eaten anything yet.

My officemates keeps bugging me of what happened so I told them everything.

Good thing my instincts told me to go to Mr. Choi's office when I didn't saw my boss in her office. I know she will confront him. I was outside of the Vice President's office when I heard them shouting. The door was locked so I called her bodygurds to meddle with them.

I saw her on the floor beneath Mr. Choi so I kicked the jerk out to help my boss.

She's so scared and shaking so I hugged her to calm down. She didn't protest at first and let me comfort her but when she finally calmed down, she ran away from me.

"How's Jennie?" Ms. Jisoo came hastily after we called her.

"She locked her office Ms. Kim and she's not answering my calls either." I said.

I asked Chaeng to contact her sister Irene but she contacted Ms. Jisoo instead because she wants to see her crush once again.

"Get the security. We're opening her office." Ms. Kim ordered so I obliged.

When the security unlocked the Chairman's office, I hurriedly went inside her penthouse and brought the foods with me. I looked for her everywhere until I heard footsteps in the living room. She's walking back and forths looking deep into her thoughts.

"I brought you foods. You must be hungry by now." I got her attention and she looked at me with sad eyes. She must be traumatized on what happened.

"Chairman Kim, Mr. Choi is now in jail. You're safe now." I assured her.

I walked towards the living room and put the foods on the center table. She was just staring at me so I moved closer as she might be needing a hug. But to my surprised, she pulled my collar and locked her lips on mine.

I froze.

My body got stiffen and my lips couldn't respond while my eyes remained widely open in shock.

I'm still processing everything when I heard Ms. Jisoo’s steps. "Jendeukie! How are you?"

My boss then crampled my collar tightly and pushed me hard to break our kiss until I stumbled on the floor.

"Awwww!" I grunted in pain.

"Lisa! What happened to you?" Are you okay?" Ms. Kim saw me holding my back on the floor.

"She's being clumsy again." my boss replied.

The heck?!

I was slowly standing up and processing everything that's happened. Did my boss just kissed me then denied it?

She's so evil.

"I'm alright unnie. You shouldn't have come here."

"How come? You we're assaulted by that jerk!" Ms. Jisoo shook her head being irritated. "I called Irene unnie and she's on her way here. I'm sure uncle will be mad at this. He trusted Mr. Choi but he still has the guts to hurt you!"