Chapter 10: It's over

After leaving his grandmother's house with Yi Xuan, Gu Heng returned to his residence with his mother. As soon as he entered the living room, he saw his mother on the phone with a smile.

Yi Xuan's mother Zhao Zhen is also here. She is determining to purchase order to see if there is still something missing. She turned around and saw Gu Heng and Yi Xuan coming in. She smiled and said, "Come back? What about your friends? Have you already gone back?"

"Well, they all went back first." Yi Xuan walked to Zhao Zhen and sat down.

"What's wrong?" Seeing that Yi Xuan and Gu Heng looked not very good, Zhao Zhen asked doubtfully, "It's okay in the morning. Why are you suddenly unhappy now? Have you had a conflict with your friends?"

Yi Xuan looked at Gu Heng and didn't say anything. Gu Heng was silent and didn't say anything. Zhao Zhen was even more confused.

After hanging up the phone, Jiang Shuqin said with a smile, "Are you back? Your Aunt Xiuyan didn't have time to return to China. This time, in order to attend your engagement banquet, she specially pushed off a lot of work. I'll call your Uncle Wu again to inform him. This banquet suddenly changed the place, and I still need to inform you in person to show my sincerity."

"Mom, stop fighting." Gu Heng pressed the mobile phone and said.

"What's wrong?" Jiang Shuqin was stunned for a moment before she noticed that Gu Heng's face was not very good. She asked doubtfully, "What happened?"

"The fourth uncle does not allow us to hold an engagement banquet at Gujia." Gu Heng said.

"This...this is what your grandmother said. If you want to hold an engagement banquet at Gujia, even if you can't hold it in the main house, you have to hold it in the west side house. Your grandmother said in person, Will your fourth uncle not agree?" Jiang Shuqin said anxiously.

"The fourth uncle said that this is the rule of the Gu family and cannot be changed."

"Can't Gu's rules be changed? Only he can change the rules and rules in this family. Isn't that all his words? His only nephew just held an engagement banquet at home. Why can't he do it?! Your grandmother said it with her own words, she want to..."

Gu Heng interrupted the words and said, "Grandma said that the engagement was still in the previous hotel. When Yi Xuan and I get married, we will definitely have a wedding at the main house."

"But I... I..." Jiang Shuqin held her mobile phone and said, "I've been calling all morning. Should I call one by one again and say that I have changed it again?"

"Let's do it at the hotel." Zhao Zhen looked at the angry Jiang Shuqin and persuaded, "As long as it is grand and lively, what does it matter in the hotel? This sudden change of the venue of the banquet is indeed a little hasty, and it is normal not to succeed. Since Gu Heng's grandmother promised to let them get married in the main house, she will definitely do it."

Jiang Shuqin sighed hard. Early this morning, she called the important guests one by one, saying that she wanted to hold an engagement banquet at Gu's house. In fact, she just wanted to show off. Now she can't do it, she has to notify one by one. It's embarrassing that the show off is unsuccessful. For Jiang Shuqin, who especially wants to save face, it makes her uncomfortable than losing anything, but even if it's embarrassing, even if she feels uncomfortable, she has to call again in person.

"Mom." Yi Xuan said to Zhao Zhen, "Yi Wei is back."

"Really?" Zhao Zhen was stunned for a moment, then patted Yi Xuan's hand and said, "Don't worry, no matter what, we won't let Yi Wei ruin your engagement to Gu Heng."