chapter one hundred forty one

On the day of June fifteen twenty eighteen, Claudia had officially become a mother. In all honesty, she was freaking out. First, her mom had fainted, now hours later, she was giving birth. It all happened so fast, but finally her baby girl was here.

"Look, she has such a cute little nose." Claudia commented as she held the girl close to her body.

"Are you comfortable enough? Want another pillow?" Ben asked.

"Ben, I'm fine. I'm more than fine. You want to hold her?" Claudia questioned the man.

Ben was eager to hold his daughter. He had read countless parenting books for first time parents. He even called his mother several times about babies. Lucy thought he was overreacting, but Ben wanted to be prepared.

"Oh, look at you. You're a precious little thing, yeah?" Ben whispered to his daughter. "You look just like your beautiful mum."

"Oh stop it," Claudia blushed. "Actually keep them coming, I feel so ugly right now."

"Far from it, love. Get some rest, I'll look after her." Ben encouraged the tired mom. So Claudia did. She took advantage of the time she had to finally sleep. It felt like heaven.

Later on, it was about nine o'clock when Ben decided to go get food from the cafeteria downstairs. He gently caressed his daughter's cheek then placed a kiss on her little hand before leaving the hospital room. Ben had left his phone behind playing soft music in a low volume. He figured that his daughter would appreciate the music while she slept.

A few minutes after Ben had left, the door opened. Janis had somehow convinced a nurse to let her see her daughter and granddaughter. That same nurse had also wheeled her into the room in her very own wheelchair.
"Thanks Marion, I owe you one." Janis said to the nurse as she used her little strength to wheel herself towards the bassinet.

The nurse left the woman, who was just amazed at how tiny the baby was. Janis stared adoringly at the baby in front of her. She was perfect.

"What's your name, babe?" Janis searched around for a birth certificate, but failed to find it. "Well, I'll just have to wait until your parents tell me. I'm your grandma Janis, baby." She whispered.

Baby Barnes lightly snored as a response.

Janis chuckled at the small baby. "You're cute, kid, I'll give you that. Sorry you have to meet me like this. At least you met me. I wasn't sure we would even meet. I've scared your mom with my health too many times. But I'm trying to be better for you and her."

The familiar song coming from Ben's phone made Janis smile. 'Storm' by Fleetwood Mac was her favorite song so it was a joy to her that her granddaughter was 'hearing' her favorite song for the first time. Even if Baby Barnes was sleeping, Janis still counted it.

"You're going to love Stevie Nicks, she's amazing. I can show you all about music like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Blondie and my favorite, Fleetwood Mac. Your mom's favorite is ABBA, they're cool too," Janis said. She then began to mouth the lyrics to the song. "You're so loved already."

By the time Ben had made it back to the room, Janis was gone.

That following morning, the couple had visitors. Lucy was nervous to meet the baby, but Andrew assured her that everything was going to be okay. He had also told her that the baby wasn't going to remember their first meeting anyways. That resulted in him getting his arm slapped multiple times.

"Hi, where's the little one?" Lucy asked the second she stepped foot into the room.

"Hi, Lucy. We're fine, Claudia's doing amazing. Thanks for asking, how are you?" Ben mocked.

"Shush, I see you all the time. Now hand over the little girl." Lucy said. Ben stepped aside, giving a clear view of Claudia holding the baby. Lucy gasped at the sight of Claudia and Baby Barnes.

"Oh, she's beautiful. Are you sure she's related to this one?" Lucy motioned towards Ben.

Luciana, you're uninvited to my wedding."

"Lucy, meet Esme, short for Esmeralda." Claudia announced.

"Even more beautiful."

"You would think so because she's named after you." Ben said which caught Lucy off guard. It really took her several seconds to process what he had just said. Ben had named his daughter after her.

"Me? She's named after me? Really?" Lucy swore she was about to cry.

"Luciana Esmeralda meet Esmeralda Barnes or Esme Barnes."

An: obviously you can imagine baby barnes is named differently I just love the name esmeralda <3 her being named after my favorite twilight stan just makes sense :) LUCY SUPREMACY