chapter sixty six.

Ben saw Claudia exit her classroom. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand, the entire time looking at the floor. He failed to find Janis in the time that Claudia spent talking with Nate. When he returned, he saw a dejected looking Claudia.

Claudia said nothing. She just walked slowly towards him and kissed his lips. After she pulled away, she looked at him. "Can you stay with me? Just for tonight, I understand if you don't want to stay with me, but I just don't want to be alone right now and my mom isn't exactly in the best mood."

Ben brushed a piece of her hair out of her face. "I'm not leaving you," he said. "come on, i just noticed my place isn't far from here."

And that's where they went. Edward texted Ben that he arrived and took Janis back home. As for Nate and Lara, Claudia ordered them an uber and payed for two hotel rooms for them. As Claudia got into Ben's car, several of her students saw her.

"Woah. Is that Ms. Donovan's man?" Kate asked.

George stood beside her with a smirk. "See you losers at the wedding."

Michael chuckled. "Sure, maybe he knows Chris Hemsworth."

"Shut up about that Australian man!"

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

Ben arrived at his apartment complex with Claudia. It was late and all Ben needed was a good sleep and for Claudia to be alright. Once she stepped inside Ben's apartment, she felt at peace, like all her problems had gone away. She noticed right away that his home was cozy and welcoming.

Ben had books everywhere. A couple on the coffee table, by the kitchen, hallway and a desk.

"Would you like some tea? I have Valerian Root." Claudia thought she heard wrong. Ben noticed how Claudia had look at him with a surprised look. "I asked Edward about some tea to help sleep and he told me how you use Valerian Root to help you sleep."

"It helps me alot. I'll take a cup, thanks."

Ben nodded and led her to the living room. "I'll get started on the tea, here's a blanket," he gave her a soft plush blanket he used whenever he accidentally slept on the couch.

As Ben left to make tea, Claudia wrapped the blanket around her body. She took out her phone and went to her contacts. Once she found the number she was looking for, she pressed on it then raised her phone up to her ear. After several rings, the person on the other line picked up.

"Hey, Edward here, speak now or forever hold your peace," she heard.

"Edward, hey, is my mom okay?" Claudia said into her phone.

"Claudia, hey, Janis is . . . Well, Janis." Edward sighed.

"I'm sorry I left. I don't think I can handle being in the same house as her knowing part of her hates me. She hasn't told me that, but I just know she does. I would hate me too." Claudia leaned back into the couch.

"She's your mom, she could never hate you." Edward said.

Yeah right, moms could never hate their kids. Wheres grandma then?, thought Claudia.

"I'll see you both in the morning. I'll talk to her soon. Bye, Edward." Claudia ended the call and places her phone on the coffee table in front of her. Then Ben came into the room with two mugs in his hands. Claudia grabbed one then places it on a coaster Ben had on the table.

"Is everything okay?" Ben asked as he sat down next to her.

"Could be better. Thank you for the tea and being with me." Claudia said.

"I didn't want you to be alone."

They remained seated, drinking their tea in a comfortable silence and occasionally grabbing each other's hand for comfort. Every once in a while, Ben would place a kiss on the back of her hand just to let her know he wasn't planning on leaving her. And she understood. It was midnight and the tea was all gone. The mugs were empty and the blanket was covering both of them now. Claudia laid her head on Ben's shoulder.

"We should probably go to bed. It's going to be more comfortable there." Ben whispered to her, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Lead the way," she whispered back, slowly getting up and taking the blanket with her. She followed Ben to his bedroom, which was even more cozy. She took off her shoes and jacket then crawled onto the bed next to Ben. They were facing the ceiling, still in silence.

Claudia then turned to look at him. He looked like he was carved by the gods themselves if she was being honest.

"Staring at me helps you sleep?" Ben teased.

"Maybe, yeah," Claudia chuckled. "I really appreciate you being with me. I kinda like you even more now."

Ben looked at her with a smile. "Yeah, you better."

An: dw all the sad shit will be over then you'll get more fluffy content i promise besties <3