chapter eight.

It was monday and Claudia had to pretend to care. The mysterious british man had been stuck in her mind ever since they met. She really wished a time machine was invented because she would fight to be the first to use it. Once she got to her classroom, she saw several students leaning against the lockers close to her classroom waiting for her.

"Morning, kids." Claudia smiled at them, getting her key out to unlock her room.

"Morning Miss Donovan," Lily smiled back at her teacher. "I got you something from my trip to Houston."

Claudia let the kids in as Lily took a necklace out of her backpack to give to her favorite teacher. "Oh, you went to Houston? Thank you, Lily."

"Yeah, it was a short trip though. A cousin of mine got married and my mom told me I had to go. I didn't even know I had cousin's in Houston," Lily said. "It's supposed to bring you love and good luck, at least that's what the lady at the store said."

Claudia held the necklace that had a small heart charm in her hand tightly. "Well thank you so very much, you guys have fifteen minutes before class officially starts, anyone want snacks? I have a couple juice boxes and gummy packets."

She walked to her desk and started taking out the snacks she had brought. "Is it the Scooby Doo ones?" A girl named Kate asked.

"Oh, you know it! Here." Claudia placed a packet of Scooby Doo gummies and a juice box on Kate's desk. "Did everyone have a good weekend?" She began to open her laptop and connect it to the smart board.

"Yeah, I watched a whole season of Daredevil!" Michael said from his seat.

"That's nice and did you finish your missing assignments?" Claudia watched the boy hesitate saying yes.

"In a way?" Michael nervously laughed.

"You have until the end of the week to turn in assignments people! Then teachers can't change or put in grades after that!" Claudia announced to the class.

"That's stupid, one of my teachers hasn't put in grades for two weeks." A boy, David, said with a frown.

"Yeah, some teachers don't care about it. Mostly the ones who coach a sport and have to teach a class to coach the sport, this whole school is behind on grades," Claudia typed into her laptop then searched for her PowerPoint. "but not me, I am all caught up." Claudia smiled then turned her attention to the kids who were in their seats.

"Miss, how was your weekend?" Kate asked.

Claudia didn't know if it was a good idea telling them about the mysterious british man she had met. The kids always joked about her love life and she went along with it. Lily even joked that her and the teacher next door, Garret, were both single. Claudia was pretty sure Lily was secretly setting them up.

"It was great. I met some new people, interesting people, and I went out with those interesting people—"

"Was it Chris Hemsworth?" Michael blurted out.

Claudia chuckled. "No, it wasn't. It was someone better."

Michael scoffed. "Who could be better than Chris Hemsworth?" The class remained quiet for a moment before blurting out their own answers.

"Princess Diana!"

"Ringo Starr?"

"My dog."

"The creator of chocolate chip cookies."

Claudia agreed with all their answers, but she only had one person in mind and she didn't know if she would ever see him again.

An: claudia with her students is my favorite thing and don't worry besties there's gonna be more benjamín coming 😌