chapter one hundred thirty one.

"What do you think of kids?"

Claudia smiled when she heard Ben's question. The couple were at a park. Ben had suggested going on a picnic so here they were, enjoying each other's company while eating fresh strawberries.

"Did you forget I work with kids? Well, I call them my kids." Claudia chuckled. She had her back against Ben's chest while he leaned back first on a tree.

"I know, but they're teenagers. I mean like kids of our own, little babies." Ben clarified.

"Lucy would go absolutely crazy over this conversation," Claudia said. "But kids with you sounds like a dream. I've always wanted to be a mom. Did you know some of my kids accidentally called me mom?" Claudia looked at Ben.

"Pretty sure they see you more than they see their own parents," Ben joked. "What do you prefer, a girl or a boy?" He pressed a light kiss to her cheek.

Claudia didn't really care for the gender, she just wanted her baby to be healthy, happy and loved. Ever since she met Ben, she pictured him as a girl dad. Maybe she would end up being a boy mom. Either would be completely fine by her. She would love the baby unconditionally either way.

"I want . . . both. Not at the same time, but eventually a boy and a girl would sound nice." Claudia cuddled up to Ben.

"Do you want to know a secret?" Ben whispered. Claudia hummed as she nodded her head. "I want a girl."

"Imagine if we did have a girl. My mom would definitely dress her up in her Woodstock dresses when she's older." Claudia said.

She began to visualize her mother as a grandmother. Janis would show the baby old concerts from the any era, make matching outfits, take them to flea markets and pick out weird looking jewelry. Janis Donovan would be the perfect grandparent. Claudia knew that because she was already the perfect mother.

"Then we'd have to think of the name. I'm shit at picking names." Claudia groaned.

"This would be the part where Lucy suggest we name out kid after her and her reason would be because she's the best."

Ben knew that no matter what, Lucy would be a great mom one day. She did raise her brothers after all. That was one thing he hated, how she was forced to grow up fast just for her brothers. Lucy liked kids . . . sometimes. She always said that it depended on what kid. For example, she loved her nieces and nephews, but hated babysitting anyone else's kids. There was no question that Lucy would end up loving Ben and Claudia's baby eternally.

"Luciana is a cute name," Claudia smiled. From the corner of her eye, she spotted a man with a very expensive looking camera in his hands taking photos of them. "I hope they get my good side." Claudia joked.

"Every side is your good side," Ben grabbed her hand and lightly kissed her knuckles. "Why is thinking of names so hard?"

Claudia shrugged her shoulders. "My mom came up with my name on the spot. Did you know her parents wanted her to be named Jane? Jane Audrey actually. She was so glad they went with Janis."

"Jane . . . yeah, Janis is much better."

• • •

By the time Claudia and Ben got back to their place, Ben's phone was blowing up with Twitter and Instagram notifications. It was all filled with tagged photos of him and Claudia from their picnic date.

"Look," Ben showed Claudia his phone. Many of the tweets were positive, talking about how cute they looked or how he had kissed her hand.

"Wait, that's a cute picture." Claudia blushed at the photo of Ben kissing her hand.

"So what do you want to do now?" Ben questioned as he took of his shoes.

"I have to make more worksheets for my kids . . . you wanna help?"

It was eleven thirty at night when Ben and Claudia finally finished printing all the worksheets she needed. Ben helped staple papers together while Claudia checked her email. Ben had noticed how focused she looked.

"What?" Claudia asked, looking up from her laptop.

"You look adorable concentrating."

Ben stood up from his seat and grabbed his cup of tea he had made. It was cold and almost empty so he put the cup in the kitchen sink. As he came back to the table where Claudia and him had been working at, Claudia exited out of her email and went back to a PowerPoint she had worked on days ago.

"Is this a good enough? I'm not liking the font, but that's the only one that looking good with the colors." Claudia turned her laptop to Ben so he could see.

"I think it's great. But I also think it's time for us to go to bed. Come on." Ben shut her laptop.

That night, Claudia thought about her future life. Her kids, her actual kids, Ben. She really was excited for her future.

an: stay safe friends.