chapter one hundred twenty one.

Claudia slept peacefully that night. She actually spent most of the night dreaming of her wedding day. Her sweet dreams turned into a disaster when she realized that her dad wouldn't be the one to walk her down the aisle.

In the morning, Ben had gone out for some interviews while Claudia remained in his apartment. Janis was out too, she had mandatory therapy sessions. She didn't like them, but they seemed to work.

Claudia got out of bed and changed her clothes then walked to the kitchen to get started on her breakfast. Before she even got the chance to start making toast, she heard multiple knocks on the door. She thought it was Lucy, but her guess was proven wrong when she opened the door and saw her kids standing infront of her with wide smiles on their faces.

"Oh my god," Claudia gasped and started to hug each kid. "What are you doing here? How did you get here?"

"Miss Donovan, we're not eight. Some of us know how to drive." Lily said, holding out her car keys in her hands.

"Shut up, you almost ran a red light. I found like three parking tickets in the backseat. I say we turn her in, take her car and go eat ice cream." Evan suggested, but everyone hit him to make him stop talking.

"Okay, hey! Let's not turn anyone in and no more running red lights," Claudia stopped the teens from hitting Evan even more. "Kids, I love you with all my heart, but what exactly are you doing here? How did you find me?"

Ana spoke up. "My uncle. I kinda threatened him. I used his laptop to search your address, but it only gave me a really old house and no one was there so I asked your neighbor and she said you moved out. She gave me your new address, but some old guy with glasses came out."

Michael scoffed. "Rude, he worked with Marvel! Also, Miss Donovan, can you get me Chris Hemsworth's number? It's for a school project."

"Dude, stop talking about your celebrity crushes. It's getting weird now." Evan replied.

"Anyways, he told us your new address and here we are." Ana finished.

"So what I learned today is anyone can just ask for my address and they'll give it out. Wow." Claudia said. "I'll have to talk to Edward about that."

"Miss, we need you back. Everyone misses you. Even the teachers! It's really not the same without you." George said.

"Kids, I would love to go back and see all your hard work you do, yes Evan, even you. But principal Howard doesn't want me back. He fired me." Claudia explained.

"Yeah, but principal Howard isn't in charge anymore. The school board has a temporary principal right now. Someone got Howard fired. No one knows who though. A bunch of parents went to the school board and asked to give you your job back." Lily replied.

Claudia was glad that a person like Howard wasn't in charge anymore. Her kids could finally have a better education, not just her kids, but others as well.

"You can come back!"

"Yeah!"

Claudia did want to go back to teaching. It would be better than staying home, watching old sitcoms to pass the time. Plus, she didn't want to rely on Ben for bills. If they were together, she wanted to help.

"I'll have to talk with many people, kids, it won't be that easy. But I'll try." Claudia said to the teens, who desperately wanted their teacher back even if they wouldn't be in her class anymore.

Their moment was interrupted by whistling and footsteps, Ben's footsteps to be exact.

"Hey, I was thinking we can go eat at this restaurant that just opened. Apparently, they have the best fries in town . . ." Ben stopped talking when he noticed a group of teenagers talking to his soon to be wife. "I feel like I'm missing something really important."

Claudia chuckled and walked towards Ben. "Kids, meet my fiancé, Ben. Ben, these lovely people are my kids."

"Why are they so freakishly tall. . ."

An: good news and bad news . . .

good news: I'll be updating a bit more just so we can get jessie and claudia content later on<3

bad news: the end is almost here and i don't mean it in a apocalypse type of way 🤨 i have the official ending of this fic in my notes and i cried writing it

but hey you'll get to see ben and claudia in lucy's book!! and maybe I'll do a sequel not sure about that but for now, I don't have plans for it.