chapter forty eight.

Claudia was unsuccessful in finding her mom's best friend. She asked everyone she bumped into, but every single one of them said the same thing. They didn't know who Lara Harmon was and they were sure of it. Ben saw how upset Claudia was, she was beginning to think they made the trip to Detroit for nothing.

"We'll find her, Claudia." Ben assured her, taking her hand in his as they walked down the streets of Detroit.
He wondered if Claudia thought him holding her hand was weird, but she didn't seem to care.

"I just wasted your time. I'm sorry, you could've been filming or remembering your lines! We should just go back." Claudia said defeated.

Ben had enough of her negative behavior so he stopped her in the middle of the street, letting go of her hand and faced her. "We didn't come all this way for you to just give up, Claudia, so we're going to look for her even if it takes all night or even a week!"

"I have to go back to my job, I can't stay a week, plus I didn't pack enough clothes for an entire week." Claudia said quietly.

"Then nevermind, forget that last part, but we're still going to look for her," Ben confirmed. "now, come on, I'll pay for ice cream."

"Really?" Claudia gasped. "You're a keeper," Then she grabbed his chin and placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm a sucker for cookie dough ice cream." She placed another kiss on his cheek.

Ben couldn't focus after Claudia kissed his cheek. If he was being honest, he was kinda disappointed she kissed his cheek and not his lips. (An: whore knee)

"Hurry up, I saw an ice cream shop that way!" Claudia said to Ben, who was still processing the last minute. She grew impatient and grabbed his hand. "Are you okay, Ben?"

Finally, Ben moved. He cleared his throat then ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. "Yeah, yeah, fine."

"You sure?" Claudia asked.

"Splendid, amazing, all of the above,"

Claudia laughed. "Well, okay. Come on," she extended out her hand for him to take. His lips slowly turned into a smile and grabbed her hand. "thank you for staying with me."

"Always," he told her as they walked hand in hand down the street. He kept looking at her, wondering if she would ever realize how truly in love he was with her, in reality he was in love with everything about her.

Claudia Donovan was his dream girl. Her laugh brought a smile to his face. Her corny jokes too. She was an intelligent, amazing and captivating woman that Ben loved. He had past relationships, but they didn't matter to him when he took one look at Claudia.

He didn't think of it as love at first sight. Well maybe it was, he didn't know. He didn't really believe in it. When he thought about it, the first thought that came into his mind was fictional, but there was also a chance that it could happen. Either way, he knew how he felt towards Claudia.

He was scared. He didn't want to admit it only for Claudia to feel weirded out then end their friendship. He loved her company. Not only that, he was scared of Janis Donovan, the strong mother who raised her daughter, threw a desk out the window, ran over a mailbox and got away with it. Janis never told anyone, but she desperately wanted Ben and Claudia together. She knew her daughter deserves a loving, caring, kind and intelligent man and Ben Barnes was definitely all of that and more.

An: hey besties it's still may 31st in texas but either way i just wanted to say happy pride month!! I LOVE U ALL <3

anyways sad chapters coming soon so buckle up kids :)

and uhhhh if y'all have any cillian murphy related fics send em my way bc a bitch went to see a quiet place part 2 and homeless man cillian has me simping hard 😩😌