chapter thirty.

By the time Janis woke up, Nate was gone. She slowly sat up in her bed, resigning her hand to shield her eyes from the sunlight coming through the windows. Her blanket fell from her body, but she didn't care, she wanted to know where Nate was. She reminded herself that she told Nate he could stay for the night, she was expecting him to still be in the house when she woke up.

Janis looked for her tank top and shorts on the floor. After she got dressed, she walked to the living room only to see it empty of Nate's boxes. He was really gone.

Her first action was to call him, but she realized her phone was still broken from the time she threw it at the wall. And her neighbor's were already gone for work so she couldn't go to them. The only solution was to walk to the corner and use the phone booth. It was a random thing to place on a street corner, but it was useful. So Janis grabbed her jacket, put on her shoes and walked to the street corner. She figured she would call Lara too.

But neither of them answered. No matter how may times Janis dialed their phone numbers, neither person picked up. Janis tried calling Lara's work, but the restuarant worker refused to give Janis any information about their employees unless they were family.

"You fucking fucks," Janis screamed, throwing the phone to the side. At that moment, she would kill for a cigarette. So she walked back to her house and started looking for one. She knew she had a pack somewhere.

She finally found one underneath a dresser in the guest room. To her surprise, it had a lighter already inside. Janis walked back to the kitchen as she lit her cigarette. All she could think about was where the hell Nate was and why Lara wasn't picking up. Everytime she called her friend, even at work, she would pick up.

"Fuck, fuck fuck!" Smoke came out of Janis' mouth as she spoke. She looked at the clock that read '8:35'. Then she realized Lara was on her break. "you just wait restaurant owner that i don't fucking know your name."

And that's how Janis ended up in a yelling match with a man who threatened to kick her out multiple times. Oh and he also had a greasy spatula in his hand.

"I just need to talk to Lara! You know her! Lara Farrow? She fucking works for you!" Janis yelled again. Several costumers were confused as the yelling went on.

"She does, but she's working right now so I can't let you talk to her!" The restaurant owner said. "Now leave or I will call the cops."

"Do it, I'm not fucking afraid of some little girly cops! Here let me help you!" Janis grabbed the phone from the owner's hands. She dialled the three familiar numbers and held the phone to her ear. "Hi, cops? Yeah, come get me from this stupid fucking restaurant! Apparently I'm being a bitch! You should see the owner of this fucking piece of shit, he looks more like a bitch than I do."

The cops arrived and soon Janis was handcuffed. One of the cops, Dan, even went to school with Janis. The second he saw Janis, he wasn't surprised to see her being thrown out of a restaurant.

"Don't touch me with your filthy cop hands!" Janis said as Dan and his partner escorted a handcuffed Janis out.

"Janis, stop! Stop moving it'll hurt more if you do." Dan instructed.

"You probably shouldn't have put them on me in the first place!"

"You called the cops! You were the one yelling at the owner! People thought you were crazy!" Dan raised his voice. "And for what exactly?"

"I need to talk to Lara. That's all I wanted and that motherfucker didn't let me. This could've been avoided if he just let me speak with her."

"Lara? As in your best friend Lara?" Dan asked.