chapter thirty two.

Friday

Ben was nervous. He hardly went roller skating, but here he was driving to a roller skating rink with a woman who he thought looked really beautiful with her hair down. As he parked his car in the parking lot, he turned to look at the woman in the passenger seat.

"Ready?" He asked.

Claudia nodded confidently. "I haven't been skating in a while, might be a little rusty."

Ben smiled. "Really? That's great!" Then he watched as she tilted her head in confusion. "I mean not great, you might hurt yourself. I mean at least I'm not the only one who hasn't skated recently. I'll probably fall on my face."

Claudia chuckled. She grabbed her bag and opened the car door. "Then you have an excuse to hold my hand."

Ben was left speechless.

As they walked together to the doors of the building, Ben kept glancing at her. He noticed how the smile on her face hadn't left her lips since he picked her up. He opened the door for her when they got near it. He heard her giggle then thank him.

"Oh look, they have skating for couples," Claudia pointed at the dry erase board by the door that led to the skating rink. "sounds like fun." They could hear the loud music from where they were standing. It was actually quite cheesy for Claudia. The Bee Gees were playing and she always associated their music to roller skating.

Soon they payed for their entrance and were told to go to the back area to get their skates. Claudia saw a woman in a dress fall and immediately mentally thanked her mom for convincing her to wear jeans instead. While her and Ben waited in line for their skates, she looked around.

"I think I just saw one of my former students," Claudia joked.

Ben then stared in her direction then turned back to her. "Is it weird? Going to a common place and you bump into one of your students I mean."

"Pretty much. It's even weirder when they yell your name in public. I love them to death, but sometimes I just need some me time," she laughed. "how's working with Edward? He isn't being too bossy?"

"Edward is amazing. Working with him is a real experience." Ben nodded.

"He talked about his childhood pets for an hour, didn't he?" Claudia smirked.

"More like almost two hours."

After getting their skates, they sat together on the floor since all the sitting space was occupied. Ben struggled to get one of his feet into the skate, but Claudia helped by untying the laces. After he got his skates sorted out, Claudia helped him onto his feet. They slowly rolled onto the floor boards. Claudia gently put one foot onto the boards then the other.

"Okay, is that the hard part?" She asked while she laughed.

"I thought the hard part was not falling on your face," Ben nervous chuckled. "okay, I got this." He copied Claudia's actions, but of course something had to go wrong. His skate ended up rolling forward and down he went on his back.

"Oh my god, Ben!" Claudia gasped and bent down on her knees. "Are you okay?"

Ben blinked rapidly. "Yeah, I don't think I died."

"I think we should go to the smaller one first. Just to warm up, okay?" Claudia suggested. Ben gave a thumbs up from the floor. Claudia helped him to his feet while keeping herself on hers. It wasn't easy, but she managed. Together, they skated to the smaller roller rink that the 'beginners' used. "See? This isn't too bad."

Ben looked at the boy next to him. "That boy just passed me for the second time."

"Don't be so dramatic!" She teased. "Come on, you'll fall again if you don't focus."

So Ben tried his best to focus on his balance while also glancing at the woman beside him who skated flawlessly. Claudia didn't fall over or hang on to the railing like he did. She skated like a professional.

"I thought you said you would be a little rusty," he teased her. "looks like you're on you're way to the Olympics."

"I guess my skating skills came out." She skated a bit faster then turned so she faced Ben while skating backwards. "You think you're ready for the big one? I believe in you, Ben."

"Oh, thanks, I think I just skated about three laps already." He finally caught up to her.

"I'm disappointed you haven't asked to hold my hand," she skated around him. "So, Ben can I hold your hand while we skate and possibly fall on our faces?"

Ben smiled at her. He stuck out his left hand. "It would be an honor to fall on my face with you."

An: hehe ben as the darkling as my netflix pfp? um yes.