chapter sixty seven.

Claudia woke up to an empty bed. She knew where she was, in Ben's bed, but he wasn't beside her. She placed her arm where he had slept and felt emptiness. She finally opened her eyes, using her hands to block out the sunlight coming from the windows. Claudia sat up on the bed and looked around Ben's room.

She rubbed her tired eyes and reached for her phone on the nightstand. She had missed calls from Edward, texts from Layna and Ben, but nothing from Janis.

"Shit," Claudia mumbled. She opened Ben's text first.

Ben
I won't be with you when you wake up. I got called last minute for another project I'm working on. I'm supposed to do a promotion tour for it soon. Don't know when I'll be back, but you're more than welcome to stay if you'd like. I don't mind at all.

Ben
I'll see you soon x

Claudia smiled at her phone. None of her past boyfriends had ever made her feel special and loved like Ben did, and they weren't officially together. That got her thinking about her and Ben's future, if they had one.

After opening Ben's text, she opened Layna's.

Layna
Hey, you didn't come home last night
Are you okay?

Claudia
Yeah, I stayed with Ben. Sorry for worrying you, i just couldn't stay. I'll explain everything.

After replying to Layna, Claudia got up from Ben's bed and walked to the kitchen. She didn't pay much attention to the living room, which was why she failed to notice a sleeping figure on the couch. In the kitchen, Claudia opened several cabinets until she found the one that had mugs in it. Right as she turned around, she saw a half asleep woman wrapped in a blanket standing in the living room.

"Holy shit!" Claudia dropped the mug. Surprisingly, it didn't break, which she was glad. But she was still confused on who was the woman in the living room.

"Is there cake? Ben always gets cake," the woman sniffled.

"Um, I don't know?" Claudia responded. "Who are you?"

"I'm offended you even asked that. I'm Lucy and you must be the teacher who Ben has the hots for." Lucy adjusted the blankets around her body and walked into the kitchen and started searching for cake in the fridge.

"Oh my god, you're Ben's best friend Lucy? I've been asking him when I was going to meet you!" Claudia gasped. "He's been avoiding that actually."

Lucy stopped searching and turned her attention to Claudia. "Hold up. What? He didn't want you and me to meet? What's so wrong about me? Everyone loves me and if they don't, well I wouldn't know."

"Fuck, I just can't believe I'm actually meeting you. Wait, did you sleep here?" Claudia asked.

Lucy nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I have a key. Ben doesn't know so I'd like to keep it that way. I'm surprised he didn't see me passed out on his couch. You haven't eaten, have you?"

Claudia shook her head. "Great. I make the best breakfast in the world, just ask my nieces and nephews, mostly because I say I'm going to pay them if they do. Spoiler alert, I don't pay them because they forget I even said that."

An: claudia and lucy are already my favorite duo <3