Terry Kitties Part 1

Holt walked across the bullpen towards his office and said "Bonjour, mes amis."

"Oh, someone had a good time in Paris" said Jake, turning around to face the captain.

"Oh, Kevin and I shared a perfect week together" said Holt. "I feel like I'm floating on a croissant. I wonder why people don't just break into song more often."

"I've been asking you for months if I could answer the phone like 'Who dis?'" sang Gina.

"Give it a whirl, girl" said Holt, walking into his office.

Jake turned around to face the squad and stood up. "Guys, he's rhyming. He's telling Gina to sing. Captain Holt is on a vacation high! He would say yes to anything right now."

"I would like a police horse, and I'd like Terry to be riding it almost constantly" said Gina.

"I'd like a HR person to remind everyone about workplace boundaries" Terry said, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"The Japanese make toilet seats which squirt a heated jet of water right up your - " began Charles.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, bud" Jake said. "What we need in here is an armored personnel carrier - a tank!"

"Two tanks. I want a tank too" Rosa said.

"Great, so everyone gets a tank. Just remember we can't ruin Captain Holt's vacation high, so no one say anything that'll upset him" said Jake, turning around to see Hitchcock and Scully talking to Holt. "Oh, no, what are those morons doing in there?"

"Maybe they didn't upset him, maybe they were just asking how his vacation was" suggested y/n hopefully.

"What'd you do? What'd you say?" Jake as Hitchcock and Scully frantically.

"Nothing. We just said 'Welcome back'" said Hitchcock.

"See? It wasn't that bad" said y/n.

"And laughed with him about all the weight he gained in France" said Scully.

Hitchcock and Scully laughed, and went back to their desks.

"No!" said Jake as Holt walked out of his office.

"Why is everyone just standing around? Get back to work!" Holt said.

"So long, tank" said Jake.

"Tank! I gained three pounds in Paris - three pounds!" shouted Holt.

A delivery man walked across the bullpen, carrying a large cardboard box with holes in the sides

A delivery man walked across the bullpen, carrying a large cardboard box with holes in the sides. "Hey, Terry, I have a package for you."

Y/n and Jake walked into the bullpen and saw Terry putting the box on the floor.

"Ooh, Sarge got a present" said Jake. "'What's in the box?' Brad Pitt, 'Se7en.' But seriously, what's in the box?"

Terry lifted up a small white kitten. "The worst thing in the world."

The kitten mewed.

"Aw! She's so cute" said y/n.

"Shut up, stupid!" said Terry angrily.

"Okay, so, who sent you the kitten and why do you hate it?" asked Jake.

"It's not a kitten. It's a slap in the face for something that happened twenty years ago" Terry said.

"When you had a flat top? I know you had a flat top, 'cause I saw pictures" said Jake. "Sorry, go on with your story, Flat Top Terry."

"It was 1995. I had just made detective. I was really excited about my first day at the 65, but the guys in the squad were a bunch of jerks."

 "Hi, I'm Terry. Which desk is mine?" Terry asked two men at the front desk.

"Solve a case, then you get a desk" said one of the men.

"They were like that about a lot of stuff" continued Terry.

Terry was walking down a hallway, drinking a cup of coffee.

"Whoa, solve a case and then you get a coffee" said the same man, taking the coffee out of Terry's hands.

Terry was writing in a birthday card when the same man came and took the card. "Solve a case, and then you can sign Debbie's birthday card."

"Sounds like you needed to solve a case" said Jake awkwardly.

"Exactly, so I picked the biggest one I could find: A string of B&E's, all with the same M.O. Guy climbed in through high rise windows. After a month, I found my suspect: Dmitri Kuzkho" said Terry.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I please hold the cat?" asked y/n.

Terry passed the cat to y/n, who smiled at the cat.

"He was an ex-acrobat with a criminal record" continued Terry.

"Circus trash. It has to be him" said Jake.

"That's exactly what I said" said Terry.

"Circus trash! It has to be him" Terry said, looking at the files in front of him.

"I tracked down my acrobat, got SWAT to surround his building. There was no way anything could go wrong" said Terry.

Terry burst through the door. "NYPD! Get down! Get on the ground! Let's see your hands!"

The ex-acrobat they were pointing their guns was in a wheelchair.

Terry sighed. "Uh oh."

"My guy had a terrible trapeze fall two years prior - Snapped his spine in half" said Terry.

"So why do you have this adorable kitten?" asked y/n.

"Well, in the moment I may have gotten a little flustered" admitted Terry.

"Look! He's got a cat! He trained the cat to do the robberies!" said Terry, pointing at the ginger cat on the floor next to the wheelchair. "That's why they call them cat burglers!"

The other detectives and officers laughed.

"Why is no one saying anything?" asked Terry angrily.

They continued to laugh at him.

"Oh no. Oh, Terry" said Jake.

"Yeah, now they send me cats every year to remind of that day and rub it in my face" said Terry. "I'm gonna go put an ad online so I can find someone to adopt this evil, little turd."

Y/n gasped. "Can I keep it?"

Terry frowned. "Not sure why you'd want to keep this thing, but sure."

Terry walked away. 

"Oh, my God, I've now got an adorable kitten. Look how cute she is Jake" said y/n excitedly.