Into The Woods Part 2

"So, Amy, before we get into the pitch, what is the product called?" you asked.

"The Handless Lighting System, or HLS" said Amy.

"Sounds like a genetic disorder. How's about Shoulder Nova?" said Gina, resting her feet on the table.

"I love it. Amazing. It's perfect" Amy said.

"Now, let's talk presentation. What's your opener?" you asked.

"Hi, I'm Amy Santiago, and my product will make a real difference" said Amy. She turned on the light and placed it on her shoulder. "It is the Shoulder Nova."

"My only note is, make it 1000% more captivating" Gina said.

"Very good note. Yeah. Okay. I got it" Amy said. She cleared her throat and ducked behind the podium and then stood up. "Ding. Oh, hello. I'm Amy Santiago. Was that captivating enough?"

"Weirdly, it might have been a scooch too captivating. Here's what I'm thinking. Mm-kay? You can take a seat" Gina said. She stood up.

Amy sat down next to y/n. "Okay."

Gina stood behind the podium. "Until this moment, there was only darkness. But now, there is... Light."

Gina placed the Shoulder Nova on her shoulders and turned them on.

"I am Vanessa Santiago, and I'm about to blow your minds" said Gina.

"You want me to change my name to Vanessa?" asked Amy, confused.

"No, I think that was just a placeholder" you said.

"Desperately" said Gina, proving you wrong.

-------------------------

Amy finished her pitch. "So in conclusion, by eliminating flashlight fumbling, the Shoulder Nova could save the average police officer over 13,000 seconds."

"Wow, that sounds like a lot, Vanessa" said Gina.

"It is" said Amy.

"I guess there's only one thing left to do" said Gina.

"You have the right to remain... Well lit" you, Amy and Gina said all at the same time, turning the Shoulder Nova on.

The board clapped enthusiastically.

"Wow, that presentation was terrific. So fun to watch" said the man.

"Thank you, sir" said Amy.

"See, the problem is the product. I don't see any need for it at all. I just put the flashlight in my mouth when my hands are full" said the man.

"Sir, the human mouth is nasty" Gina said.

"Yeah, but mouths are free. I'm sorry. I'm just not interested" said the man.

"Okay, thank you for your time" said Amy, and began to pack her stuff away and quickly left the room followed by y/n.

"You are scum" said Gina, before leaving the room.

-----------------------

"Hey, Ames" you said, walking over with Gina and coffee.

"You look a little D in the D. D for 'down in the dumps,' respectively" said Gina.

"Probably easier just not to abbreviate it if you have to explain it" said Amy.

"Agree to D" said Gina. "I wanted to talk to you about yesterday."

"Yeah, thank you both for all your help with the presentation. And, Gina, I'm sorry you had to waste your talent on such a stupid product" Amy said.

"Without product-makers like you, us dazzle-doves would have nothing to shake our wings over" Gina said.

"Yeah, but my invention was useless" said Amy.

"No, don't say that. It's really useful" you said.

"Y/n's right, that scum was wrong. I showed the Shoulder Nova to a girl in my building. She's like a mini Amy, and she loved it. She said she was gonna break the world record for speed-reading" said Gina.

"Psh! Yeah, like some little girl's gonna take down Yuri Jurgonav" said Amy.

You all laughed.

"Anyway, I know it wasn't what you wanted, but you still made a difference" said Gina.

"Thanks, Gina. I guess I did make a D" Amy said.

"Don't steal my thing" Gina said.

"Okay" said Amy.

"That's all I ask" said Gina.

"I won't" said Amy.