The Mattress Part 3

Jake walked into the bullpen and sat down at his desk.

You looked up.

"Morning" said Jake.

"Morning" you said.

"You looked well rested" said Jake.

"Yes, because I slept in my own non-lumpy bed" you said.

Charles walked in. "I was tossing and turning. Jake told me about your fight, and I'm so worried about you two."

Y/n glared at Jake.

"Thank you, Charles" said Jake.

"What do I have to do, buy the mattress myself? Done" asked Charles.

"Problem solved" Jake said.

"No" you said.

"It would make him so happy" Jake said.

Holt walked over. "Good job on the bust yesterday. How was it, working together as a couple?"

"So good" you said.

"So great" said Jake.

"Yeah" you said.

"Super mellow and chill" said Jake.

"Yeah" you said.

"She slapped my butt once" said Jake.

"Mm-hmm" you said.

"We're definitely falling in love" said Jake.

"Yes, absolutely" you said.

"Good, good, good. We found something strange on the dealer you brought in: Two matchbooks from the same hotel. He's refusing to give up his supplier, but this could be something" said Holt, handing Jake the matchbooks.

"That's weird, look at this. The same two matches are missing from both books: Third one of bottom row, and fifth one from the top" said Jake, handing you the matchbooks.

"Coincidence?" asked Holt.

"No way. No one would take out matches like that. Trust me; I smoked four cigarettes in college. One to completion. That's a code" Jake said.

"A code? Exciting. I'll go get my pencil case" Holt said.

"I bet it's a room number. Third floor, fifth room. Room 305" you said.

"That's definitely it" said Jake.

"Well, great. L/n has solved it. I want you two to go undercover as a couple to stake out the room. You should be very convincing, given that you're currently - What was it? 'Smooshing booties'" said Holt.

"Great, and thank you for saying it that way. It made us both feel very comfortable" Jake said.

"Sure did" you said.

-------------------------

"Jake, why don't you just sit down?" you asked.

"No, thank you. I can see the feed better from here" said Jake.

"It's really comfortable" you said.

"All right. I'll sit" said Jake, sitting down on the bed next to y/n. "Nope, my butt hates expensive things."

"No" you said, and stood up. "You know what your butt hates? Making any sort of sacrifice for us, because it, and you, are not serious about this relationship."

"Okay, first of all, my butt is so serious it should be wearing spectacles. And second, your butt is the butt that is not serious about this relationship" said Jake.