Chapter 82: Love, Nariyoshi Miyagi

This chapter is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lol. I think it's one of my favorites.

-

-

West Valley High School

Selena makes her way through the hallways in the direction of the counselor's office. Just as she's about to reach the double doors leading to the hall where the office is located, they burst open, making her halt. A furious Sam storms out, concerning the dark-haired girl. "Sam. Hey, what happened?" she questions, jogging up to the blue-eyed girl. Sam stops walking and huffs, running a hand through her hair as she faces her cousin. "It's Counselor Blatt! She let the Cobra Kais walk free and gave us detention!" she angrily complains.

Selena scoffs upon hearing this. "Of course she let them go. She's so weird, why does she love them so much??" she responds, becoming aggravated as well. Both dojos were involved in the fight and it was a Cobra Kai student who initiated it. She doesn't get why Blatt favors them and shits on the Miyagi-Dos. Perhaps it's because of Robby... Regardless, it's still messed up. "I have no idea. It makes no sense! She's not even hiding her favoritism," Sam responds. Selena rolls her eyes, knowing how right she is.

"That bitch has gotta go already, she's not even good at her job. When has she ever actually listened to us or helped anyone??" she remarks, getting more annoyed each passing second that she thinks about Counselor Blatt. "Yeah... Oh, and she gave me two Saturdays of detention because I said 'bullshit," Sam adds, rolling her eyes. Selena furrows her eyebrows. Blatt is useless.

The only thing that woman is good for is giving detention and irritating everyone, so she's not surprised by that. She shakes her head as she feels herself getting angrier the more she thinks about it. "Fuck Counselor Blatt! This school sucks, man! It sucks!" she frustratedly spits. She's so tired of Counselor Blatt and this day. She can't wait to get out of here so she can go to see Miguel.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Yukie's House, Okinawa

Daniel and Rosalía sit next to each other on cushions on the floor as they wait for Kumiko to come back. The man lights a match and sets it in the lantern next to him to light it up. Meanwhile, his wife looks around, breathing in the fresh air. She feels like she's 17 again on her first trip ever to Okinawa. It feels nice. Kumiko finally returns and bends down in front of the pair, setting down a box before kneeling on the cushion beside her. "So this is Yukie's house. It's gorgeous," Rosalía pipes up, grinning as she glances around.

"She left it to me after she passed and... I just don't have the heart to sell it," Kumiko explains, sighing. The couple shares a look, knowing exactly how she feels. "We could relate," Daniel states, making Kumiko chuckle. "This is what you were looking for?" Rosalía asks, pointing to the box. "Yes," Kumiko answers, smiling. "What's in it?" the other woman curiously questions. Kumiko reaches down and removes the lid from the box. "Miyagi-san wrote Auntie Yukie. So many years, so many letters. Very romantic," she conveys, gleaming at the couple.

They both chuckle at the information. "Mr. Miyagi wrote love letters?" Daniel questions. "You're surprised, yes?" Kumiko responds. "Oh, you're kidding," the man laughs. His wife's face falls in realization. "So that's what he was doing the time I walked in on him writing something... He hid it right away. He must've been really reserved about it," she mentions. She's not too surprised that Mr. Miyagi wrote love letters. He was super in love with Yukie, he had to express it somehow. Plus, he had such a way with words, it's just perfect.

Kumiko unfolds one of the letters and holds it out in front of her. "Here. Listen. 'Ever since we were little when you smiled at me. So shy... I have loved you. One good thing came out of our time apart. I got to fall in love with you... twice in one lifetime," she reads before looking up at the pair. They smile fondly, touched by the letter. Rosalía is amazed by how grand Mr. Miyagi's love for Yukie was. No matter how many years they spent apart, their love never died.