Chapter 65: Like An Animal

Rosalía and Daniel lie in bed together, both nude under the covers. The woman's back is to her husband's chest as he holds her close. They both sport soft content smiles on their faces. "Last night was fun. As always, you did not disappoint, LaRusso," Rosalía pipes up, making the man chuckle. "Neither did you, Juarez," he replies, kissing her shoulder. "You know what that reminds me of?" he adds. His wife hums in response. "Remember Okinawa? After the fight with Chozen?" he asks, grinning cheekily. "Oh, my God," the woman chortles.

"Daniel!" she voices, slapping his arm. Daniel laughs at her reaction. The smile is wiped off of Rosalía's face as she thinks of something. "Los cipotillos [the kids] didn't hear us, did they?" she questions. "Well..." Daniel utters, cocking his eyebrows. "They didn't hear me," he teases, smirking. His wife scoffs. "Ha! Right, because you're so quiet," she sarcastically remarks as she turns to lay on her back and looks at the man. This makes Daniel laugh before he leans in to connect their lips. They smile when they pull away, gazing at each other lovingly.

They lay there, cuddling a little while longer until they decide to get up and see if the kids are awake. They throw on some pajamas and robes and head out of their room. They go downstairs and find Aaliyah and Adrian sitting in the kitchen. "Morning, sweetie," Daniel greets his eldest daughter as he stands behind her chair and kisses her head. "Morning, Messi," he teases his son next, ruffling the boy's hair. Adrian's loved playing soccer since he was younger and he's quite skilled at it, therefore, his father nicknamed him "Messi" while his mother sometimes calls him "Chicharito."

The boy chuckles at the nickname, fixing his hair. Daniel walks over to the counter to make some coffee while Rosalía takes a seat at the table. "Hi, papi. Hi, mami. How was your date?" Aaliyah addresses her parents. "It was good! It was really fun," the older woman answers, grinning. Her husband peeks at her from where he's standing, sending her a small smirk. She shoots him a small smile and shakes her head, knowing what he's thinking.

"Tus hermanas y el huevon de Xavier todavía están dormidos? [Your sisters and Xavier's lazy ass are still asleep?]" she asks. Aaliyah hums and nods in confirmation. "What about Robby?" the older woman questions. "We haven't seen him," Adrian responds before shoveling a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. He's usually up around this time, Rosalía thinks. "I'm gonna check on him," she announces as she stands up. She walks out and makes her way to the guest house. She knocks on the door as she calls, "Robby?"

There's no response so she knocks louder, calling his name again. She tries again but once more receives no response so she twists the doorknob, a bit surprised when the door opens. Why's the door unlocked? She enters the room and voices, "Robby, are you in here?" Confusion takes over when all she finds is his empty untouched bed. Did he not sleep here last night? She wonders. She exits the room and goes back into the house. "Robby's not in his room. Are you guys sure he didn't come in here?" she asks Adrian and Aaliyah.

"Yeah, we never saw him," the girl answers. Her brother nods in agreement. The older woman knits her eyebrows together. "Well, then where is he?" Daniel pipes up, also feeling concerned now. Out of the blue, the doorbell rings. The couple shares a look before hurrying to the front door. Aaliyah and Adrian follow suit, curious to know who it is. Daniel opens the door and Rosalía stands behind him, hoping it's Robby but instead they see a worried-looking Amanda. "Oh. Hey. Is everything okay?" Rosalía acknowledges her.

"Uh, I think so, just... Is Sam here?" the other woman responds. The couple shares a puzzled look. "Uh, no, why?" Daniel questions. Amanda looks even more worried now. "She's not in the house. I figured maybe she slept here last night and forgot to tell me," she explains. Now that I think about it, I didn't realize at what time Selena came home last night, Rosalía thinks. "Uh, I'll go check. Maybe she's in Selena's room," she informs her friend. Amanda thanks her and she goes upstairs, making a beeline to her daughter's room.