Chapter 32: The Girl With the Beautiful Name

Hey, so I made Selena's post-breakup playlist and I put the link in my bio if anyone's interested. There are English AND Spanish songs on there for obvious reasons lol. Anyway, let's get into the storyyy

-

-

Daniel had Robby help him fix up Miyagi-Do, which of course, was also part of his karate training. Rosalía was occupied with running their companies but was able to pop in at one point to see their progress. It felt nice to be back at that house, it made her feel even closer to Mr. Miyagi. Plus, that's where she and Daniel spent a lot of time together when they were young. She's glad that it's being restored to its former glory. She knows Daniel feels the same way.

After finishing up the makeover, Daniel goes home, hearing music as soon as he steps through the door. He walks into the kitchen, spotting Camila and Adrian sitting at the table eating a snack while his wife is standing at the stove, singing along to "Cuando Seas Grande [When You're Big]" by Miguel Mateos as she drizzles seasoning into a pot. Daniel grins at the view. "Hey," he pipes up, capturing everyone's attention.

"Hi, mi amor," Rosalía acknowledges him before resuming her singing and head-bopping. "Papi!" Camila excitedly chirps upon seeing her father. "Dad!" Adrian happily calls at the same time. The man goes to Camila and greets her, "Hi, sweetie" before kissing her head. He moves on to Adrian and greets, "Hey, bud," kissing his head as well. As he starts making his way to his dancing wife, Adrian starts babbling, "dad, guess what? We won today and I'm the one who scored the goal!" Daniel returns to the boy with a proud smile. "That's what I'm talkin' about," he praises as he fist-bumps his son.

He saunters over to Rosalía again, whose back is turned to him as she stirs the caldo de pollo [chicken soup] in the pot. Daniel wraps his arms around her waist, pressing his head against the side of her face. The corners of the woman's mouth curl up into a fond smile. "Well, if it isn't the girl with the beautiful name," her husband mutters into her ear in a husky voice. A shiver shoots through Rosalía's body and she turns around in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. Daniel smirks when he notices a hint of pink on her cheeks, happy he can still get this reaction out of her. "Oh, look, it's the sexiest man alive," Rosalía returns before planting a long kiss on his lips. Daniel smiles into the kiss before pulling away and just gazing at his wife adoringly.

"So how's the dojo coming along?" she asks. "Ugh..." Daniel trails off as he lets go of her and goes to the fridge. "I gotta tell you, it feels great to get my hands dirty again," he claims with a satisfied smile. "Hey, where are the other kids?" he asks when there's no sign of his three eldest. "Aaliyah's at a game, so she's working. Xavier is also at work, and Selena is out with her friends," Rosalía informs him as she approaches the table. "Which ones? Her real ones or Mr. Cheap-Shot and his army?" Daniel sarcastically questions as he opens his beer. "I'm not surprised that he broke Sam's heart. Selena's lucky that it wasn't her. I hate to say I told her so, but I told her so," he continues.

"Dude, have some empathy," Rosalía utters, giving him a look. "What?" Daniel asks, sticking his arms out. "I'm supposed to be upset that my niece has broken up with Cobra Kai's top bully? Watch. Soon, Sel will learn all by herself that nothing good comes from being around the Cobras," he states. Rosalía raises her eyebrows. "You sound like my parents," she chuckles before her face abruptly falls. "Wait... you sound like me," she realizes. Whenever she or Adriana would do something dumb and injure themselves when they were children, their parents would go, "ah, ya ves? Pa' que aprendas! [Ah, you see? So you can learn!]"

Rosalía has said the same thing to her kids when they did stupid things that lead to small bumps and bruises, but she also applies this logic to mistakes in general. She knows that she has to let her kids make mistakes every now and then for them to learn and grow. "Well, you are pretty wise... Pa' que aprenda [so she can learn], right?" Daniel responds, smiling cheekily. The woman narrows her eyes, grinning sarcastically. He really used my own wisdom against me, she thinks. "Anyway... I'm so happy that you found karate again and I'm excited about the dojo," she comments, reaching her hand out to her husband. He walks closer and takes it, smiling appreciatively at her.