Chapter 60: Amigas Cheetahs

After training, Selena, Sam, and Robby went with Sam to her house and the couple informed Amanda about their relationship, who is alright with it. They spent a bit of time at Sam's house but then had to come home because said girl went to see her dad. Selena and Robby cackle at a joke the girl made as they open the door and stride into the kitchen. "Oh, man, I can't stand you," Robby chortles, shaking his head. This makes the girl laugh. They make a beeline to the living room, stopping in their tracks when they see Selena's parents with a certain dirty-blonde woman.

"I didn't mean to bother you," the woman sobs. Rosalía soothingly rubs her shoulder. "No, it's no bother. Don't worry," she kindly assures her. "Mom?" Robby pipes up, making the adults snap their heads up. It goes silent as a thick tension fills the atmosphere. "What are you doing here?" the boy asks Shannon in a somewhat cold tone. "I..." the woman trails off, nervous to confront her son. Rosalía glances at her husband before looking between the boy and Shannon. "Um, we'll just- we'll let you guys talk," she announces, getting up.

Daniel gets up as well and gestures to Selena to follow him, who gives Robby a sympathetic look before following her father. Rosalía sends Shannon a reassuring grin before approaching the boy. He just stares at her, begging her with his eyes not to leave the room. "It's okay, mijo. Just listen to what she has to say, hmm?" she whispers to him. Robby remains quiet for a second as he thinks about her words. He's reluctant to talk to his mother but if Rosalía thinks he should then he'll do it. He nods and the woman smiles encouragingly at him before walking out of the room.

She goes into the dining room where her husband and middle child are. Daniel just informed Selena who the mystery woman is, leaving her surprised. She never had a clear image in her head of what Robby's mom could look like, but she's surprised yet not surprised to finally see her. "Is she still here?" she asks. Rosalía nods her head. "Yeah, they're talking. So, we'll just be here meanwhile," she answers, sitting across from the girl. "We have to stay here until they're done?" Selena questions, to which her parents shrug.

"But what if I need to pee?"

"Do you have to pee?" her mother asks. "No, but I'm just saying. What if I need to pee?" Selena clarifies. "You realize that the living room isn't the only way to get out of here, right?" Daniel points out. Selena freezes, feeling dumb for forgetting that. "Oh, right... bye," she voices, getting up and sauntering away. Rosalía releases a short chuckle and lightheartedly rolls her eyes. Daniel smiles in amusement. His wife's smile slowly fades as she thinks about the previous conversation with Shannon.

The woman expressed her misery with dealing with her addiction and her guilt about failing her son. She thanked them for taking care of Robby when she couldn't. Rosalía is happy that Shannon came looking for Robby and that she's getting help so she can be there for him. Every child deserves good parents, so she's happy that Shannon wants to become the mother Robby deserves. "Hey, honey?" Daniel speaks up, ripping her out of her thoughts. "Huh?" she utters, turning to him. "You okay?" he questions, making her nod. "Yeah, why?" she asks.

"You had your thinking face on... And I know you built a connection with Robby," Daniel says. "So did you," his wife responds. He nods at this. "Yeah but I mean, you kind of took on the role of the motherly figure in his life," he mentions. The woman realizes what he's thinking. "Ah... Don't worry, I'm okay. I've always known he has a mother, I didn't expect him to forget about her. Nor did I ever intend to replace her. I'm good, I promise. In fact, I'm happy for both of them. They need this," she explains, smiling softly at the end.

"Besides, if he ever does decide to kick me to the curb, I still got six other kids," she jokes, gleaming. Daniel furrows his eyebrows. "Six?" he questions, considering they only have five. "Yup. These crazies and Demetri," she claims. The man chuckles at this. "I lent him some comic books and we had a little discussion about them. It was great so I decided to adopt him," Rosalía states. Daniel laughs and shakes his head. He's not at all surprised.