Preparation

Niki is the sweetest girl you know. She owns a sweet bakery that everyone loves. It's the only real source of dessert in L'Manberg.

The only girls living in L'Manberg were you and Niki at the time, and the two of you got along very well. She really understood you; better than any of the boys ever could.

She helped you get your beautiful and flawless white wedding dress on and helped with your hair. Her hands were tangled in your beautiful locks as she finally finished.

"Do I look good?" You asked.

Niki gave one of her signature warm smiles. "You look amazing, y/n."

Your heart warmed at the compliment, and she was just about to be finished getting you ready. This was really happening.

"You know, I was speaking to Wilbur the other day. He truly loves you."

The amount of blush on your face was insane. It felt special that Niki was going to be there beside you to witness this.

She was just the sweetest. A pink-haired angel who was the best baker that you knew. You were glad that she would be the girl walking you down the aisle on your wedding day. Today was going to be perfect.

Niki's smile turned into a frown. "What are these scratches on your arm?"

You had almost forgotten last night when you had met Dream in the forest. He warned you not to marry Wilbur, and he had bruised your arm. You had just realized that his marks on you were very visible despite your dress.

"Oh, I just got scratched by some vines," You lied. But there was no lying to Niki.

"y/n." You made direct eye contact with her.

"Fine, I met Dream in the woods. He was looking for me, Niki... He told me not to marry Wilbur," You spoke, shaking at the thought of your experience last night.

"y/n!" she scolded like a mother.

"What?" It wasn't like this was your fault. It was Dream's, he had come to you. He attacked you on his own terms.

"You should have told us this sooner! What if he tries to ruin your and WIlbur's wedding?" Niki frowned.

You really hadn't thought of that. "Let's just hope for the best, shall we? I'm pretty sure it will be time to walk out in just a moment," You said, standing up and peeking out the door.

Why would Dream care about you so much? You were just a simple girl living in L'Manberg who wasn't half as strong in battle as your soon to be husband.

"Be careful, y/n."