THE SNAPPER

●▬▬▬▬▬ ₪ ⇩⇩ ₪ ▬▬▬▬▬●
CHAPTER 1
●▬▬▬▬▬ ₪ ⇧⇧ ₪ ▬▬▬▬▬●

━─━━─━「₪」━─━─━─

After a day at university all I need is a comfy bed. "Yeah I'm on my way home mom" I say through the phone.

"That's great, how is Sarah doing?" My mom asks. Sarah Wilson, my bestfriend since diapers.

"She's doing great mom, her brother is helping her out a bit" I reply. "Alright I'm heading home now by mom"

"Bye honey take care and say hi to the boys for me" she says lovingly.

"Ok I will." I say shutting the line off.

I blame her granny and parents for establishing a food addiction. The Wilson's were our neighbors. Sarah and I met outside in the street while riding our crusty bikes in the hood.

She fell off her bike and I ran her over with mine, causing me to face plant onto the floor.

Ever since then we were inseparable. Talking shit, boys, texted eachother when our first period started. She was an early bloomer and had nice boobs.

Cant say the same I look like a cereal box. I get home and drop my backpack onto the floor.

I picked a difficult career but why is it actually difficult? Never thought becoming a surgeon was going to be so difficult. To think it's only my third year in the stupid program makes me wanna have a toaster bath.

I hear a high pitch scream outside. I swear if this is another psycho murder frenzy I'm going to be upset. Maybe I shouldn't watch Annabel on weekends, It's getting to me.

A banging on my door brings me out of my daze. I peak through the door and notice it's my neighbors kid Anne.

"Hi Anne do you need something?" I ask opening the door wide. She runs in frantically.

"Kid?" I ask confused. "Mommy and daddy are gone" she says peering to me with bugs brown eyes.

"Where did they go?" I ask confused. Who the hell chucks their child on a strangers front door and leaves?

"We were eating dinner and I asked for more Dino nuggies. My daddy turned to dust and then my mommy did too" she says crying non stop.

"I'm sure it was all fun and games" I reassure.

"No, mommy was scared she screamed" she says nervously. I grab my phone from the living room. I need to call her parents.

Check the news
-Sarah

I ignore her message and click the call button to contact Sarah's parents. I grab the remote and turn the tv on.

Welcome to channel 5 news, on behalf of the government orders, during this time. Please remain calm, do not contact your local authorities. If your family or close one has turned into particals similar to dust. You may report, using this link below.

As of now the government is gathering information of the casualties caused my alien life named thanos.

"Please leave a message for-" I shut the line off and look at Anne. Then the news channel. I better not end up on a prank show.

I dial Sarah's number, it rings a couple times. "We're alright" she says sighing in relief. A bucket of relief washes over me.

"Oh thank god" I say out of breath putting a hand over my chest.

"Is your mom okay?" She asks concerned. My eyes turn into saucers. "Yeah she's fine" I say nervously.

"Call her dumbass" she scolds. I laugh nervously.

"Okay!" I say shutting the line off. I notice the kids on the couch passed out.

I dial my moms a phone number. Thankfully she picks up. "I'm alive" I say

"Me too but Mickey isn't" she says looking at the pile of ashes.

"My dog died?" I say frowning. "Ok well I'm fine too mom" I say cringing at the thought of my childhood pet dead.

Sarah and I found mickey in a trash can during our high school years. He's a hairless dog with a couple of hairs poking out if it's skull. Don't get me wrong he was ugly but he was a good pet.

"Bummer, I have to go see Sarah I think she'll need help down at the pier" I say into the phone. "Alright mom see you soon"

I hang up and wake the kid up from the couch. "Come On we're going somewhere fun"

"Okay" Anne says groggy.

─━─━━─━「₪」━─━─━─━