85

"Ready?" Colby asked as he came over with the rental car keys. "Sure." I said then took the hand he was offering as I picked my bag up with my other hand.

I was still so shell shocked about being in a completely different place but I was starting to feel a lot more excited and a lot less nervous as we walked out the doors.

I shivered against the cold wind as it cut through my skin and to my bones. "Oh, here." Colby said then put his bag down and shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders so he could give it to me.

"I think you forget that I'm the one who lived in Ohio and Colorado for most of her life." I said with a laugh but took the jacket anyways. "I honestly did." He said and unlocked the suv in front of us.

"When are you going to tell me where we are?" I asked as he took my bag and put it the trunk. "Whenever." He said with a shrug then closed the trunk. "Okay, now please." I said then got in the passengers side of the car.

"Yeah, I lied. I'm not telling you yet." He said then got in the drivers side. "Okay, that's fine. I can just Google it." I said then pulled my phone. "Nope." He said then snatched my phone and tossed it in the backseat. "Colby!" I scolded as he laughed.

"Just wait for the surprise." He said and took my hand as he put an address in the GPS. "Okay." I breathed out then leaned my head back.

As we drove I noticed that there was a bunch of snow on the ground and the sky was peppered with beautiful stars which led me to believe that we were in a more rural place.

I could feel myself drifting off to sleep as we drove down the rural roads. I don't know how long I was asleep for before I was being woken up by Colby.

"Baby." Colby said and shook my shoulder gently. "Hmm." I mumbled as he pressed a kiss on my temple. "We're here." He said quietly as I cracked my eyes open.

I rubbed my eyes, then blinked away the blurriness to reveal a little cabin that was decorated with little twinkling lights.

"Where is here?" I asked as he laughed. "Come on." He said then got out of the car. I shrugged then got out and stretched my back, feeling it crack.

Colby came around with our bags then took my hand and led the way to the cabin door.

I looked up at him with confusion as he grinned and opened the door. When he did this it revealed a cozy cabin that had a big Christmas tree in the corner of the room with a fireplace right next to it.

I pouted my lip out then looked up at him again. "This is so cute." I said quietly as he grinned. "Do you like it?" He asked as we made our way to the middle of the cabin.

"I love it." I said then turned and cupped his cheek, bringing him in for a kiss. I melted against his lips as he pulled me into him by my waist. When we pulled away he looked at me for a second then kissed my forehead.

"Want me to tell you where we are now?" Colby asked as we walked towards the bedroom. "Please." I said and threw my bag on the bed.

"Alaska." He said as I gasped and turned to him. "Are we gonna see the northern lights?!" I asked with excitement as he nodded. "We're gonna try." He said with a laugh as I tackled him with a hug.

"Babe! What's the occasion!? I'm so excited!" I said as he laughed and hugged me back. "I promised I would take you to see the northern lights one day." He said as I shook my head.

"I don't think you did." I said as he nodded. "When you were fighting for your life in the hospital I begged you to stay alive so I could go on more adventures with you. The northern lights was one of those adventures." He said as I frowned and put my hand on his cheek.