Chapter 32 - Surprise Visitor

John Luke's POV

When I arrive in Gulfport, I rent a hotel room for the night. I don't even know where to begin to look for Georgia. It's not like I can go directly to Mitch's Father's house and get her back. I think I'm going to try to google where Mitch works. When I google Mitchell Harrington in Gulfport, MS, it results in his profile at Luxe Consulting Firm as an Operations Consultant.

Figuring I would start with Mitch to see if he would speak to me, man to man, I select a GPS route to take me right to him. I don't have a choice; I have to try to get Georgia back home. Our daughter needs her Momma, and so do I.

I jump in the truck and follow the route the GPS takes me directly to his work. I park in the parking lot and walk through the front doors. As I enter, a woman behind the desk greets me. "May I help you, sir?"

"I'm looking for Mitchell Harrington."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, ma'am. Would you let him know it is John Luke Madden? It's kind of urgent." I explain.

"Let me ring for him." She picks up the phone and speaks to someone on the other line before hanging up. She smiles warmly, "Someone will be out in just a moment."

I sit down in one of the chairs, waiting patiently in the lobby. A few moments later, a short slender man with glasses comes out to greet me. He looks nothing like the picture I saw on the internet. He reaches out his hand. "John Luke, follow me, please." He says.

I follow him as he leads me to a conference room and closes the door behind him.

"Are you Mitchell Harrington?" I ask.

"No, I'm Simon, his assistant."

"I desperately need to speak to Mitchell if you don't mind. Is he available?" I ask.

"I'm afraid not; he's working from home today."

"Oh well, should I come back tomorrow?"

He sits down at the head of the table. "No, that won't be necessary. I know why you are here."

"You do?" I ask as I slowly sit down on the chair to his right.

"Yes, you are looking for Georgia Hudson, aren't you?"

"Yes, how did you know?" I ask.

"Well, you and I are in the same boat, believe it or not. I am not only Mitchell's assistant, but I am his boyfriend. We have been dating for two years now, secretly." He answers.

"So, Mitch is gay. I tried to tell Georgia."

"Yes, well, Lester, who is Mitchell's Father, is forcing Mitch and Georgia to get married. After you left Georgia's apartment yesterday, Lester sent Mitch down to force her to come to Gulfport. There's an engagement party tomorrow at Lester's house. It's going to be all over the news where Mitch will announce his engagement to Georgia." He says.

I slam my hands furiously on the table. "Well, shit! We have to stop them!"

He raises his hands. "Listen to me. If you try to stop it, you are not only putting your life in danger, but you are also putting Georgia's life in danger!" He warns.

"What the hell do you mean? They can't go through with this engagement. Mitch is with you, and I'm with Georgia. It's all a big lie!"

"Lester is up for election this year. He won't have any skeletons coming out of the closet during this time, especially having pictures surface of his gay son and his lover vacationing somewhere warm and sunny. You know that will be a hot topic of conversation. He's worried it could affect his shot at re-election."