Chapter 9 - The Aftermath

Georgia's POV

I hurry and cover-up as soon as I shut the window. I lay there quietly and listen. My heart is racing.

I hear a gentle knock on my door; then it opens slightly. I look up to see Daddy standing in the doorway. "Princess, are you okay? I thought I heard something." He whispers.

"Sorry, Daddy. I fell asleep with my window open. A cat jumped up on my window sill and scared me to death, I just closed it," I explain.

"Georgia, you can't leave your window open at night, baby, the critters will get in." He grumbles.

"Sorry," I say apologetically.

"Okay, goodnight." He mumbles.

"Goodnight, Daddy," I whisper.

As soon as he shuts the door, I let out a massive sigh of relief. Then the realization of what happened tonight hits me like a tidal wave. Oh, my God! I lost my virginity! I finally did it! I feel different; I can't explain it. That boy that has stolen my heart, and it's all I had left to give him. Now that he's leaving, I'm left with a lot of unanswered questions. What would have become of us after tonight if he wasn't leaving? Would this have happened if he wasn't leaving tomorrow? Did he feel any different afterward? Then it hit me like a freight train. He didn't use protection! Surely, I can't get pregnant my first time having sex? I try to shake the thought from my brain. Daddy would kill me if I got pregnant.

I toss and turn the rest of the night with images of John Luke on top of me consuming my thoughts. The smell of his cologne, his beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me with so much desire, the way his skin felt against mine, and the feeling of his lips grazing my neck as he gently thrust himself into me. I lay on my side in the fetal position. My heart and body ache for him. What will I do with myself now? I turn to the other side and look out my window at the moon and wonder what thoughts are going through his head. I lay there torturing myself for most of the night. After some time, my eyes get heavy, and I drift off into a deep sleep.

I wake up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping outside of my window. I look over and see if I got any text messages from John Luke. I turn towards my nightstand and pick up my phone. One new message and I see it's from John Luke.

(John Luke) Thank you for last night. I will miss you. I love you, XOXO.

I sit there for a minute, staring down at the screen. I want to convince John Luke that we can run away together and never look back, but I know deep down in my heart, that's not possible. I type a message back to him.

(Me) I love you too. I will miss you. Call or text if you can. If not, please write to me. XOXO.

Hopefully, he will attempt to contact me while he is gone. I can hang on to what we have if he stays in touch with me. What will happen to us while he is away? When will I see him again? I pull the covers over my eyes as a feeling of sadness takes over once again. My heart has shattered into a million pieces. I feel as if my whole world has come crashing down all around me. I can't believe this is happening. If we could have just been together like a normal couple, we would have never been in this situation.

I reach down to pull my covers back, revealing a bloodstain between my legs. I quickly cover it back up. How am I going to explain this to Momma?

I get up to collect my tank top and panties off the floor. I put them on quickly and walk to my bathroom, stopping at the full-length mirror on the way to take a look at myself. Will anyone be able to tell what I did last night? I don't look any different, but I certainly feel different.

A wave of emotions sweep over me, but I quickly shake them off and head towards the bathroom. I have a class this afternoon and work after. I get myself presentable, slip on a pair of shorts, and walk downstairs to the kitchen.