33

Fair warning: I'm a dick and left you guys with a cliffhanger. Also, I felt this song/video was appropriate for this chapter. I've probably already used it before, but I like it here.

(3rd P.O.V.)

Soon enough, Derek arrives at the lake house. He rolls his eyes at the noise of the partying teenagers inside and quickly follows the scents of his son and wife. Once he steps inside the boathouse, he's greeted by an odd sight.

Liam is tied against a beam, still unconscious. Lyrica lays on a table near Isaac, also unconscious. Isaac is sitting in a chair next to the table Lyrica is on, wrapped tightly in chains and seemingly asleep. To top it off, there's soft music filling the silence and Scott and Kira are dancing in the middle of the room.

"So you knock everyone out and decide to have a dance break?" Derek's voice frightens the teenagers and they jump apart.

"There was nothing else to do." Scott sheepishly mutters, eyes following Derek as he walks to his family.

"Why is Isaac tied to a chair?" Derek questions while he checks on Lyrica.

"Lyrica tied him to a beam but after we knocked her out, he shifted back and kept demanding to be by her." Kira quickly explains. "None of us knew if he would keep control so we managed to get a chair and tied him to it so he could be with her. He must have fallen asleep."

"He'll be alright while I'm here." Derek crouches down and begins unchaining his son.

"Are you ever going to explain what's going on?" Scott asks as Isaac stirs.

"You know all you need to know. Mind your own business." Derek snaps.

"Dad?" Isaac mutters, looking around in confusion. Then his eyes widen. "Oh my God, Mom! She-!"

"She's alright, Icy." Derek calms his son. "We just need to get her to Deaton."

"Were you serious earlier on the phone? Is she really pregnant?"

"I have no doubt about it." Derek sighs.

"Why do you sound sad about it?" Isaac frowns.

"It's too dangerous for a baby right now. If Lyrica fully shifts, the wolf will kill the baby in its search for more power." Derek explains to his son.

"Is it going to be this hard every full moon?" Scott questions, watching as Derek carefully picks Lyrica up.

"No. It was just like this because we didn't know and it caught us off guard." Derek turns to leave. "I'll text Stiles when she wakes up."

"Be safe." Scott nods, and the Hales leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd P.O.V. Still)

Derek pulls into a parking spot in front of the closed vet's clinic. He and Isaac exit the vehicle and Isaac goes to meet Deaton at the door as Derek carefully pulls an unconscious Lyrica out of the backseat. Isaac holds the door open for his dad and Deaton leads the small family back into the familiar operating room.

The same metal table resides in the middle of the room, this time with a blanket laid out on it so the metal wouldn't be too cold for the she-wolf, and a pillow for her head. Derek gently lays her down on the table, awaiting Deaton's order.

"How was she knocked out?" Deaton asks, pulling on a pair of gloves and rolling over a tray with various kinds of equipment on it.

"Scott punched her in the face." Isaac sighs.

"At least it wasn't anything damaging." Deaton nods, carefully taking Lyrica's wrist and checking her pulse. "Pulse is normal."

"Will she be okay?" Isaac asks, obviously scared for his mother's health.

"Your mother's a fighter. I think she'll be just fine once she wakes up." Deaton smiles at the worried teen before continuing to check Lyrica's vitals.

After deeming everything safe, Deaton jots everything down on a piece of paper.

"When is she going to wake up?" Derek questions, eyes locked on his wife.

"Any time now. She's faced worse than a punch to the face. We'll just have to wait. Once she's up, we'll check on the baby."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

When I open my eyes, there's a bright light blinding me.

"Don't you ever turn those things down, Deaton?" I groan, raising a hand to cover my eyes.

"Well good morning." The druid's familiar voice fills my ears.

"Morning?" I frown and try to sit up.

Before I can get far, there's a hand on my back to steady me and help me rise.

"Thanks, Der." I smile up at my husband. "Not that I'm complaining, but why are we here?"

"What's the last thing you remember, Lyrica?"

"Uh, I remember being in the boat house. And I remember getting Isaac chained up and then taunting Liam away from Scott. Then Kira knocking him out with an oar. That's it."

"Well, we've got some good news and some not so good news." Deaton nods. "Which would you like first?"

"Surprise me." I chuckle.

"You're pregnant."

My smile drops.

"I'm sorry, what?" I frown. "How? We're always so cautious." I look up at Derek for reassurance.

"We must've forgotten somehow." He sighs.

"Was that the good news or bad?" Isaac asks.

"That was the good." Deaton chuckles. "The bad news is that you can't shift until the baby is born."

"What? Why?" My brows furrow.

"All werewolves have 2 sides. The human and the wolf. The wolf doesn't always appreciate being dormant and overpowered. When it gets too angry, it forces its way to the surface. That's when you shift without controlling it. Well, when the wolf is in charge, it craves power. It'll destroy anything that gets in the way. When a she-wolf is pregnant, the wolf sees the fetus as a tumor of sorts. So it channels its power into getting rid of the tumor. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"If I shift, the baby will die." I mutter, wrapping my arms around my stomach.

"Exactly." Deaton nods. "But there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Now that you are aware of your pregnancy, your control will be the same. If not better."

"Are you sure?"

"100%" Deaton nods once more before smiling. "How about we check on the baby?"