Prologue

Lyrica

It's kind of funny, really. When you're in love, nothing else in the world seems to matter to you. Love comes is many different shapes and sizes, but not one love is like another. I find it amusing, because love is always thought of as such a wonderful and happy and fuzzy thing. But it's not. Love causes you to let down your guard to those you least expected, leaving you weak and vulnerable for attack. And then those people, the ones you thought would never leave you, they're the ones who tear you apart. Me, personally, I never thought I'd have to deal with such pain and agony. I had a whole family. My son, my two younger brothers, my amazing mate, and several others. But, alas, everything good must come to an end. Like the calm before a storm. One second I'm happy, content with the little supernatural family I have, and the next, they're all being torn away from me. One by one. Each hurting more than the last. I'd tell you to never fall in love, but it's pointless. Love sneaks up on us and we don't realize it until it's too late. So what I am gonna do, is tell you to savor it. Savor it all. Let the people you love know that you love them. Because in the blink of an eye, they disappear. Just like him. Just like the one I loved the most.